Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

tmw89

Quote from: Ben on January 20, 2013, 12:18:43 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 19, 2013, 07:38:41 PM
Zodiac on Blu-ray.  Quite liked it.

What did you think of Ruffalo?

I think he gave a particularly nuanced performance in Zodiac.  Far more interesting as a character and a performance than his turn in The Avengers.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

tmw89

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 21, 2013, 12:39:51 AM
Animal Farm

We talkin' the old CIA-sponsored cartoon or the PBS (BBC?) miniseries?
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Der Kaiser

Gangster Squad. Cool old style gangster movie.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Bonaventure

tmw89

The 1952 Moulin Rouge by John Huston, followed by The Birds.

---

Mithrandylan

I watched a documentary, can't remember the name, but it was about the Death Metal scene in Norway in the early 90's.  It was NOT about Mayhem, but they were mentioned on quite a few occasions because of the obvious influences (both in music and behavior).  More focused on Darkthrone, Burzum and a few others.  I actually watched it because I've long been fascinated with that culture (not metal in general) of real death, satanism and just darkness.  Know thy enemy.  I can't really explain it.  Probably the same reason I binge learn about serial killers every year for a few months.

The doc was so-so.  I often think about people who are rabidly anti-Christian, and how they'd make really good Catholics.  Well, they did I suppose.  Just not all of them.  Not many in the current culture, anyhow.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Bonaventure

Dylan, would you say the virulent anti-Christians (the cold) are better than the amoral, agnostic, lukewarm?

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 24, 2013, 09:50:55 PM
Dylan, would you say the virulent anti-Christians (the cold) are better than the amoral, agnostic, lukewarm?

Better in what sense?

If one dies in either state, one goes to Hell obviously.  So not in that respect.

I would say that in terms of personal potential the cold have an aptitude to be great Catholics.  Look at St Paul, or St Augustine.  Not that the lukewarm couldn't, I just see the raw potential for it more in the cold.  The cold actually care and are convicted, they are just convicted in the wrong thing.  Of course, it is the grace of God that works in us and moves us to do His will, our own gifts are merely the instruments in this process.  Praise the Name of the Lord!
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Der Kaiser

Frankenstein from 92 with Kenneth Brannagh. Seen it many times not bad. Not as good as the Luke Goss 2004 one though. And no one will ever trump the 31' Karloff version in atmosphere.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Der Kaiser

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunter. The girlfriends Idea. THis is why a guy should never allow his lady to pick the ten $ movie they watch. Good lord what utter crud.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

tmw89

---