Future of the Forum?

Started by Kaesekopf, November 25, 2018, 11:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Josephine87 on November 26, 2018, 02:15:55 PM
I voted yes. I come by cyclically because I have children and there are times I can come by a lot (awake at 3 am nursing a newborn) and times I can't. This place is so helpful and a comfort. I would gladly give some money if that's what's needed.

Dear Josephine,

Thanks for your contribution here & throughout the forum! :thumbsup:

Thanks for offering to help financially as well.

May God Bless you & your loved ones!

:pray3:

nmoerbeek

It would be disappointing to see the forum go, I know I haven't been posting much, but it is not from spurning the forum.  I have been hit with a number of personal hardships that seem to consume most of my free time as the result of weather, work and health.

"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/

Christe Eleison

Quote from: nmoerbeek on November 26, 2018, 04:09:00 PM
It would be disappointing to see the forum go, I know I haven't been posting much, but it is not from spurning the forum.  I have been hit with a number of personal hardships that seem to consume most of my free time as the result of weather, work and health.

Dear Noah,

Great to see you here. I really enjoy reading your posts!  :thumbsup:

You always show wisdom & kindness. :toth:

You & your family intentions are in my prayers  :pray3:

Take good care of yourself,
Blessings going your way  :pray2:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on November 26, 2018, 11:21:59 AM
I voted for keeping it open.  I think most forums have cycles in activity. I'd miss this place :):):)

Dear MLG,

Thanks for voting & for your kind words!  :thumbsup: I agree with you!

I would also miss this place!

Saint Andrew please help keep this forum open! :pray1:

God Bless!

:grouphug:

james03

Voted yes.  If you weigh the activity vs. your effort, and conclude that it is not worth it, I'd totally understand and still be grateful for all the work you have done over the years.

I have one request:  If you decide to pull the plug, please give us a week or two notice so people can PM and make other arrangements.  Thanks.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Habitual_Ritual

I'm sure one or 2 would volunteer to take over the running if it came to it.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Christe Eleison

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on November 26, 2018, 02:58:28 PM
I think it is very much worth it.  While the last six months of my life have been flat out insane and I haven't had as much time to participate as I would like -- I still very much enjoy the forum and get a lot out of it spiritually.

A smaller more tightknit poster base might not be all bad, to be honest...

Dear OC,

Thanks for your contribution to this thread & forum  :thumbsup: And I agree with you, it is very much worth keeping!

A lot of people have had loved ones pass away, sick relatives, a lot of people have had major moves either from one
house to another or from one part of the country to another. It has been a crazy year!

I truly believe that things should pick up after the New Year! ;D

And like you mentioned above, sometimes quality is much better than quantity ;)

God Bless!

:pray2:

Carleendiane

Oh dear! Really? If is stressing you out K,  I understand. If it's because it's been a bit dull, please hold off a bit. See what happens this New Year. Good friends have been made through this forum. Lessons learned. News had. It's a place to retreat to spiritually, and a place for lively conversation many do not get at home. Those of us homebound, or just don't get out much truly enjoy the interaction. I hope to make more effort now that I've moved, if you do choose to keep it going. If not we will survive, but miss it. Especially the prayer thread. As I know all too well.

May God bless your decision, and bless you regardless!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

OmniaInstaurareInChristo

I voted yes.  It would be a shame to lose another traditional site.  If it is about money, maybe some of us can contribute to paying the cost.

Heinrich

If you continue to let antagonistic atheist turds continue to post carte blanche, then:

[yt][/yt]

NB: dont ever watch this movie
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Optatus

I'm not very active so I'm not sure what value my two cents have, but I've voted to keep it up and running. I would say that this forum plays an important role for many of us who feel that we're floundering in a sea of confusion. Now and then it's good to be reminded that there are others who are just as disturbed by the direction the wind's blowing as I am.

Plus, I've learned a lot. I can hold my own as far as history is concerned but I'm essentially a moron when it comes to theology, or the liturgy. If I have a question about the Church's stance on X, or why we do Y in the Mass, Suscipe Domine is generally the first place I check.

What's this about activity being down, though? "Most Online Ever: 281 (October 25, 2018, 01:11:36 PM)" - that's only last month and a record for the forum it looks like.

Blue Violet

It should be kept open.  I've enjoyed reading and viewing threads about the Holy Faith, asking questions, and gaining a better understanding of the Catholic Faith and what has happened within the past 50+ years.

It's an asset to the internet.

May God keep it open. :pray3:
"You will win many souls through your devotion to  the Sacred Heart and the Little Flower."

Our Lord Jesus Christ to Rhonda Wise

http://baptismofdesire.com/

Smcc

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 25, 2018, 11:04:16 PM
Hey folks,
So, Forum activity has been down for a while.  Since the domain is up for renewal in a month, I have to ask - is it worth keeping this place going? 

Chime in!
Thank you Kasekopf for keeping the forum going. I do utilize the forum if I am in need of answers as I immerse myself in the knowledge of Traditional ways. Many of us do not have the resources for knowledge that this forum provides.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: OmniaInstaurareInChristo on November 26, 2018, 07:03:44 PM
I voted yes.  It would be a shame to lose another traditional site.  If it is about money, maybe some of us can contribute to paying the cost.

Yes, it would be a shame to lose another traditional site :( especially because this is the best one I have personally encountered!

Thanks for your input! :thumbsup:

And even though I dislike adds, if it turns out to be a financial issue, I think a couple of adds would not hurt.

For example, a link to Amazon to buy whatever posters need. They are going to use Amazon anyway.

Why not go through a link posted here?

It is my understanding that if people use the link on a website, that website gets a % without it

increasing the price to the buyer.

Another example would be posting a link to Mystic Monk Coffee, they also give a % to the website.

And they have awesome coffee & gift baskets available for the Holidays! They also sell other goodies  ;D

This way we end up helping the Monks & the forum expenses as well. Maybe other links to Catholic books, scapulars, Rosaries, etc.

Whether we all chip in financially, or place adds, links to other companies & of course a DONATE button. We all should try to help
in whatever way we are able to. And of course with prayers! :pray2:

St.Justin

Quote from: Michael Wilson on November 26, 2018, 09:17:21 AM
I have really enjoyed my time here; I came over here as a 'refugee' from Ignis Ardens, when that late great forum was closed, this is the closest thing to it. I hope K keeps it going.

And AngelQueen.