How to post Youtube videos

Started by Lynne, October 05, 2016, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

To post a youtube video, open a post (hit the reply button).

Then hit the youtube button up on the tool bar. It's circled in red.

You should see that some text has appeared in your post. These are the youtube tags. Tags are surrounded by brackets "[" (open bracket) and "]" (close bracket)

Paste the url (web address) of the video that you want to post in between the two tags.

Now, remove the s from the https. It's circled in red.

Hit post and you're done!

Last, but not least, you can't post a youtube playlist, a set of youtube videos. Each video has to be posted individually.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kaesekopf

As a slight addendum:
I don't think you can use shortened YouTube URLs.  They must look similar to this:
http://www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=Noh0GQiSHNk&

and NOT like this:
http://youtu[dot]be/Noh0GQiSHNk

Also, you don't actually need the YouTube tags to post the video.  You can just post the URL itself.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Thank you, Lynne, for making this how to guide!  I really appreciate it!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Frank

test

Phew! At last.
I've finally worked out how to paste images.

I used to use Photobucket but they now ban hosting and want me to pay a rent for
my existing images.

Not b----y likely.

A classic case of bate and switch.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Lynne

Quote from: Frank on August 29, 2021, 06:04:46 AM
test

Phew! At last.

I used to use Photobucket but they now ban hosting and want me to pay a rent for
my existing images.

Not b----y likely.

Great!

I've never had any problem using flickr...

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Frank on August 29, 2021, 06:04:46 AM
test

Phew! At last.

my existing images.

Not b----y likely.

Dear Mr. Frank, :seeya:
I am glad that you figured it out. :thumbsup:
I have only been able to post videos, no images. :-[
I have to try to figure it out as well....

I just wanted to mention, that I love the picture you posted here, I love the beret/hat,
and the child is adorable as well! :)

God Bless you! :pray1:

GMC

I can't to post videos in the new forum version. For example I want to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQLSL4geW8U&ab_channel=clubmegafreak2

But this happen:

[yt]tQLSL4geW8U[/yt]

Lynne

We've never been able to post a channel or a playlist.

We don't even need the youtube tags anymore, though.

If I just post the url, it'll appear fine.

GMC

Okay now I can. I was posting it wrong. Ty.