The 1000 Hail Marys Rosary.

Started by Xavier, May 18, 2021, 06:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Has anyone ever prayed the 1000 Hail Marys Rosary?

It takes about 5 1/2 Hours to Pray.

St. Padre Pio prayed 150 to 200 Decades daily.

If we pray it once, we would have prayed 100 decades!

If we want to beat St. Pio, we have to pray it twice!

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

DigitalLogos

Why pray 1000 Hail Mary's poorly when you can pray one full rosary with devotion? Does "beating" Padre Pio's average make me more holy or something?

It's commendable if someone can remain focused and pray this for 5 hours, but, I don't see it being any more meritorious than just praying a full rosary with fervor and devotion.

"Much more is accomplished by a single word of the Our Father said, now and then, from our heart, than by the whole prayer repeated many times in haste and without attention."
--Saint Teresa of Avila
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Melkor

Yeah I have trouble paying attention to my regular Rosary sometimes. I think I'll pass on this one.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Xavier

DL, the purpose of praying many Rosaries is simple (1) To Give More Glory to Jesus and Mary (something St. Montfort says the Holy Rosary does best of all, after Holy Mass) (2) To Save Many Souls through praying many more Hail Marys and also (3) to gain more merits.

Of course, even one Hail Mary is meritorious. But, if we pray with attention and devotion, I believe 1000 Hail Marys are 1000 times more meritorious than 1 Hail Mary. I think, say, on a Saturday morning - speaking only for myself personally - there are easily other things that I can give up to find more time to pray the Rosary. Each of us should diagnose whether we can based on our own state of life.

What we can do is progressively try to increase the number of Rosaries we pray daily. Like if we have prayed 5 decades for 5 years, we can think of moving to 10 decades. After 5 more years, to 15, and so on. In this way, by the time we arrive in eternity, we will have stored up many merits, satisfied for many sins, done much penance and reparation to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, and gained many graces.

St. Montfort says something beautiful - God has, according to Scripture, a special Crown in Heaven waiting for each one of us. And the more Rosaries we pray, the more glorious that Crown will be, and the closer we will be to the Throne of God. That's the Catholic Doctrine of the Merits of Good Works and Prayers, as we know. So I think it's good to be inspired now and then, by reading the exhortations of the Saints, to pray many Rosaries. Of course, however many we can manage, according to our own state of life, will be acceptable to Our Lady.

But I personally feel that, given the times we live in, and the great spiritual battle going on, we must all try to pray many more Rosaries, so that the Triumph of Her Immaculate Heart will come soon. God Bless.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Xavier

As for St. Padre Pio, he became a Great Saint because he persevered, for 50 years or more, in praying so many decades of the Rosary daily. We can try to imitate him partially in some small measure. The Saint also bore the stigmata, but that didn't stop him praying much. Definitely a great role model for our times to inspire us to pray more, and a living reminder of the Great Power of Prayer!

St. Montfort: ""Secondly, we should do this so that we ourselves may receive three crowns from Jesus and Mary. The first is a crown of merit during our lifetime, the second, a crown of peace at our death, and the third, a crown of glory in Heaven.

If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins "you shall receive a never fading crown of glory." (1 Pet 5:4) ...

FORTY EIGHTH ROSE: PERSEVERANCE

So, dear members of the Rosary Confraternity, persevere in asking Almighty God for all your needs, both spiritual and corporal, through the Most Holy Rosary. Most of all you should ask for Divine Wisdom which is an infinite Treasure: "(Wisdom) is an infinite treasure"55 and there can be no possible doubt that you will receive it sooner or later—as long as you do not stop asking for it and do not lose courage in the middle of your journey. "Thou hast yet a great way to go."56 This means that you have a long way to go, there will be bad times to weather, many difficulties to overcome and many enemies to conquer before you will have stored up enough treasures of eternity, enough Our Fathers and Hail Marys with which to buy your way to Heaven and earn the beautiful crown which is waiting for each faithful Confraternity member.

"(Let) no man take thy crown":57 take care that your crown is not stolen by somebody who has been more faithful than you in saying the Holy Rosary. It is "thy crown"—Almighty God has chosen it for you and you have already won it halfway by means of the Rosaries that you have said well. Unfortunately someone else may get ahead of you in the race—someone who has worked harder and who has been more faithful might possibly win the crown that ought to be yours, paying for it by his Rosaries and good works. All this could really happen if you stand still on the beautiful path where you have been running so well: "You did run well."58 "Who hath hindered you?"59 Who is it who will have prevented you from having the Rosary crown? None other than the enemies of the Holy Rosary who are so numerous." From: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/2019/08/21/example-post/

Xavier

2000 Hail Marys are going to be said today, May 31st!

Xavier

I found 2 more sources on the 2000 Hail Marys Devotion, a Great Devotion for First Saturdays. One of them says ANY GRACE will be granted to those who pray 2000 Hail Marys in honour of Our Lady.

http://2000hailmarys.org/PrayerGuide.pdf
http://saintsebastianwoodside.org/2000-h...-devotion/

"The 2,000 Hail Mary devotion was started by two Salesian seminarians, Daniel Ara and Juan Riu in Barcelona, Spain on March 25th, 1933 during the Feast of the Annunciation. There is a pious belief assuring ANY GRACE will be granted. With great devotion in his heart and mind Juan Riu recited the 2,000 Hail Mary's asking Our Lady THREE GRACES: to become a Salesian, a priest and a missionary...and waited trustfully that Our Lady will fulfill her promise. On July 27, 1935 he made the vows as a Salesian, then on June 15, 1946 ordained as a priest. On August 30, 1952 landed in the poorest slam of San Juan, Puerto Rico as a missionary and after 12 yrs in Ecuador, then Santa Ana, CA .

During Monsignor Juan Riu, 50 years as a priest he had been promoting the 2000 Hail Mary Devotion with great success with the blessing of his Bishop, Pedro Gabrielli Zen, Bishop of Macas, Ecuador. On November 5, 1996 Mgsr. Juan Riu left this world. I personally meet Mgsr. Riu during the summer of 1992 with Ora. Teresita Bautista our New York promoter of this devotion who also return to our lord last year 2013. I'm doing a kind of invitation to all, to say Two Thousand Hail Mary's to Our Lady the Most Pure Mother of Our Lord, asking HER intercession."