Scandinavia is keeping cash

Started by Greg, April 04, 2024, 08:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Sweden is going against the cashless agenda, looking at ways to support citizens right to pay with physical cash.

Now the neighboring country of Norway is looking to do the same.

Just recently I reported on how Sweden is going against the cashless agenda, looking at ways to support citizens right to pay with physical cash.
Now the neighbouring country of Norway is looking to do the same.

The Norwegian government is proposing a new law that will FORCE shops to accept real cash as payment. In other words, they will not be allowed to be "cashless".

The Ministry of Justice and Public Security want to change the law of the land to make sure that real cash can always be used as a form of payment.

In the new law, consumers will have the right to pay with real cash in all shops or sales premises where goods or services are being sold. The only exceptions being vending machines, unmanned shops and sales of more than NOK 20.000 ($1926).

"The role of the government is to secure the preparedness of society. To only base oneself on digital payment system increase the vulnerability of society" says Justice and Public Security Minister Emilie Enger Mehl.

She also said "for the government it is important to create security for those who are reluctant to use digital payment solutions"
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

Good for them, the Scandinavians seem to have their head screwed on better than most other Europeans. 

I was reading that the Sweden has the right to free access to nature embedded in their Constitution. Anybody can traverse across nature and even camp there, but only for one or two days at a time (to prevent squatting).  It'd be nice to have that in the States but I already know stupid fat Walmart people with their loud unruly kids would leave trash all over and ruin that.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on April 04, 2024, 09:13:39 AMGood for them, the Scandinavians seem to have their head screwed on better than most other Europeans. 

I was reading that the Sweden has the right to free access to nature embedded in their Constitution. Anybody can traverse across nature and even camp there, but only for one or two days at a time (to prevent squatting).  It'd be nice to have that in the States but I already know stupid fat Walmart people with their loud unruly kids would leave trash all over and ruin that.

Free camping is pretty much guaranteed across many EU countries...

And Scandinavians certainly do not have their heads screwed on right...look at their immigration issues.

Though, they seem to be waking up to their ills.

Hope they clean their act up...would love to live in Sweden or Norway for the nature alone
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 04, 2024, 11:46:38 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on April 04, 2024, 09:13:39 AMGood for them, the Scandinavians seem to have their head screwed on better than most other Europeans. 

Free camping is pretty much guaranteed across many EU countries...

And Scandinavians certainly do not have their heads screwed on right...look at their immigration issues.

Though, they seem to be waking up to their ills.

Hope they clean their act up...would love to live in Sweden or Norway for the nature alone

I know they're far, far from perfect.  I meant in relation to other European countries.

And I believe Norway has one of the highest beer consumption rates, besides being one of the healthiest countries too
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

benedicite

There was a law in France that came with the development of arrondissements that said that if you refused to accept the cash, you would lose your right to collect that debt.