French Resistance Atrocity Revealed

Started by james03, May 18, 2023, 09:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

There were no "good guys" in WW2. 

https://archive.md/zO9Rn

QuoteShortly after D-Day during World War II, French resistance fighters took 47 captured German soldiers to a small wooden area in southwest-central France. In the scorching heat, they forced the soldiers to dig their own graves, shot them dead one by one and buried the bodies, covering the remains with quicklime, according to a witness.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

drummerboy

No surprise here, the hatred ran deep.  Let's recall how collaborators were treated afterwards as well, even those who were guilty of the "crime" of having children with German soldiers.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

GMC

Like in all wars. This is how Goya painted the end of some frenchs in the napoleonic invasion of Spain:

In what war has no atrocity been committed by either side?

red solo cup

Had a boss that was in the Army Rangers in WWII. He fought in Italy. He said any time they caught SS, they would take them behind the nearest barn and shoot them. He said it was pretty common practice.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

AlNg

It is sad to see Europeans hating each other. But then did Americans show a lot of love toward the native American Indian or toward the enslaved Africans who they bought and sold at the auction block, just as the Americans were buying and selling pigs.

drummerboy

Quote from: red solo cup on May 18, 2023, 05:26:48 PMHad a boss that was in the Army Rangers in WWII. He fought in Italy. He said any time they caught SS, they would take them behind the nearest barn and shoot them. He said it was pretty common practice.

General LeClerc had 16 S.S. soldiers of the Charlemagne Division (French soldiers fighting for the Germans) executed as well.  But he had a bit more compassion and allowed them to confess and communicate beforehand.

Greg

Why would you surrender under such circumstances?  Hide yourself and open up when you see the whites of their eyes.  Or surrender with a live grenade in your waistband.

You have to admire those Muslim fighters they are rarely taken alive.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

awkward customer

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on May 19, 2023, 04:02:10 AMWhy would you surrender under such circumstances?  Hide yourself and open up when you see the whites of their eyes.  Or surrender with a live grenade in your waistband.

You have to admire those Muslim fighters they are rarely taken alive.

Because even amongst the SS not all were diehard nazis who would fight to the death for der Fuhrer.

Greg

I wouldn't fight for the Furhrer.  But I would not let myself get slaughtered like a dog either.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on May 19, 2023, 11:03:47 AMI wouldn't fight for the Furhrer.  But I would not let myself get slaughtered like a dog either.

They probably just reached a point of disillusionment and didn't care anymore and gave up.  After years of fighting and retreat, wouldn't be too hard.

Heinrich

Quote from: drummerboy on May 19, 2023, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: Greg on May 19, 2023, 11:03:47 AMI wouldn't fight for the Furhrer.  But I would not let myself get slaughtered like a dog either.

They probably just reached a point of disillusionment and didn't care anymore and gave up.  After years of fighting and retreat, wouldn't be too hard.

Shortly after DDay.  They had done pretty well militarily up to that point. The French Resistance was Communists.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

TradGranny

Quote from: AlNg on May 18, 2023, 07:42:04 PMIt is sad to see Europeans hating each other. But then did Americans show a lot of love toward the native American Indian or toward the enslaved Africans who they bought and sold at the auction block, just as the Americans were buying and selling pigs.

Not defending slavery here, but facts are facts. Let us remember that it was African tribes who sold other Africans to the slavers.

Christians in U.S. worked to abolish slavery, just as we now work to abolish baby-murder. (See the Dred Scott Supreme Court case). U.S. was first nation to abolish slavery.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Heinrich

No, it wasn't. Wilberforce had it stopped in England prior to the (mostly) Union state of Kentucky freeing its last slave in 1865.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

My Dad told me that one of the Allied generals (Marshall?) said that he didn't want to see any SS in the POW camps, so it was common practice to shoot them.
My Lord and my God.