Recent posts

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 02, 2024, 05:50:12 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 02, 2024, 05:08:28 PMThen he states (in support of the foregoing) that "we are allowed to venerate a number of post schism Orthodox saints": Yes, this is true, but only since Vatican II;

Wrong again.

Ven. Sheptytsky petitioned Rome in the early 20th century (I think 1905 but could be mistaken) to have all Orthodox saints included on their calendar. This was granted by the Vatican with some exceptions (St Mark of Ephesus being one of them).
This is impossible; as only Catholics can be canonized as saints.

QuoteOn top of that, Pius XII approved the liturgical calendar for Russian Catholics (still trying to get my hands on one) that included numerous post-schism saints, including St Sergius of Radonezh (A personal favourite of mine).
See above.

QuoteIt's no wonder the Orthodox have no interest in swimming the river when you have people who wax lyrical about the papacy but also think it's been vacant for 60 years, then start making stuff up about the praxis of those Easterns who've decided to stay loyal to Rome.
The Eastern schism has been going on for about 1000 years; their reluctance to cross the Tiber has nothing to do with yours truly posting on a small trad forum with only a few readers. 

QuoteIt's also hardly surprising as to why so many Eastern Catholics feel abused and abandoned by Romans and would love to return home, as it were.
How about the numberless Easterners that preferred martyrdom, to embracing Orthodoxy? Were they crazy? Or did they know their faith better than many modern Catholics?

QuoteLatins should get their own shitty house in order first and foremost.
Absolutely; but you have to realize that the current situation in the Church is something that has not happened in  its history; there is no "blueprint" for getting out of it, except waiting for a true Pope to occupy the See of Peter. Meanwhile the situation in Orthodoxy i.e. disunity, is the very essence of their rejection of a central supreme authority. There is a cure for our situation in the very constitution of the Church; their only solution is to convert to the Faith.
Quote from: Bonaventure on April 18, 2024, 09:09:29 PM
Quote from: Greg on April 18, 2024, 07:37:08 PMIf Kennedy Hall is correct, we would be dealing with the rare case of the lying sociopathic monster looking to damage the SSPX who, rather strangely, was obedient to his superiors and prepared to live for 5 years under house arrest and perform clerical duties when before he had had more power and responsibility as district superior of a huge country.  Then go to a French court and plead guilty.   He gains nothing by lying about warning them.

That is basically what Hall claims:

QuoteWhat a shocker, the sociopathic pedophile who lived a double life for decades was dishonest!

The problem I have with Hall's claims is they come at the end of the episode and they make little sense. It would be one thing if the SSPX asked the families if he hurt anyone, but they didn't, they hid him in the shodows, and most abuse victims don't come forward. The shame they feel is immense. Are we to believe the abuse victims who did come forward only told Rostrand or maybe someone else?

If the SSPX tackled this issue at the root I might agree with Hall. To move him into "supervision" in Canada is frankly a lie. Are we to believe he just typed stuff and no interaction with people? Of course he did. He was around children and his last abuse appears to be not that long ago.

But then there's Hall's defense that Rostrand is simply lying about the SSPX. I don't believe that because the SSPX never disclosed the issue, or their defense, until he's being sentenced. They hid the whole matter. But that's what they do, they hide abuse. They even hid his name in their public letter. Who does that?

Are we to believe the SSPX wasn't deposed in the case about Rostrand? Why not show their defense? I know the answer, so does everyone else.

Look at other priests like Peignot who abused countless children, who are sentenced to Montgardin, still around faithful, and once they find their sentence distasteful they can pick up and leave, just like 2 of their priests did that we know of. That's not a sentence, that's a Swiss vacation you are free to leave at any time.

The SSPX has hid every case so far, and only discloses them when they go to jail or arrested with public scrutiny. You know there are people hurt in the shadows, which is by far the majority of people abused.

It's disgusting and may they enjoy the millstone.
Quote from: james03 on Today at 09:50:55 AMThis present epoch will conclude with Jerusalem running with rivers of jewish blood up to a horses bridle.
Where does this come from?
Quote from: drummerboy on Today at 12:12:36 PMhttps://www.amazon.com/Rulers-Russia-Dennis-Fahey-CSSP/dp/1490947884/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3KYLB39X4CODQ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Y3Q2nXBzeeyWCfLWFb7ikQ.ceZNvEw9eWXjJ0Nzjiydtan76hZgSBl124e52S6Stuw&dib_tag=se&keywords=fr.+fahey+the+rulers+of+russia&qid=1714759845&sprefix=rulers+of+russ%2Caps%2C356&sr=8-1

Jews most certainly are a threat to Catholics, a spiritual threat, and to an extent, an earthly threat, as this book clearly demonstrates.  But it before it becomes a "hate book." I'm surprised it's on Amazon honestly.

Again I disagree that any religion or sect would be a "threat" to a Catholic confirmed in his or her faith.  (I mean more than sacramentally Confirmed; I mean, convicted.)  For the weak-willed or poorly formed, everything is potentially a threat.  I see the biggest spiritual, psychological, and political threat to Catholics being secular atheism and all of its invasive, multi-leveled power that invariably leaves us in the minority and with few or no allies.

There are many Reform Jews and JINO's who are, for all practical purposes, part of the secular forces which threaten believers.  Many such men and women have positions in local, state, and federal government, and if that's what anyone means by a threat, such non-practicing Jews can be a threat, yes.  But the idea of a Conservative, Orthodox, or Chasidic Jew being a direct threat by simply attending synagogue on a weekly basis -- being a "threat" to the practice of Catholicism (not the voting habits of Catholics or the political activism of any Catholics) is a non-starter, i.m.o.

I'm speaking of the practice of one's religion being a so-called "threat" to the faith of the practitioners of a different religion -- and not any implied or assumed political activism on the part of the supposed threatening force. I haven't experienced Jews as wanting to Judaize --in religious terms-- the U.S. government, whereas Muslims most definitely have that as a fantasy if not yet an explicit plan.
Quote from: TradGranny on Today at 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: dueSicilie on May 02, 2024, 06:21:26 PMTo be fair tarot cards are not inherently evil. They are from an old European card game. What he was doing with them I dunno though.

This is from Amazon:

Occult Tarot Cards – April 1, 2020
by Travis McHenry (Author)
4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,603 ratings
4.3 on Goodreads 62 ratings | 189 Want to Read
See all formats and editions

How can we possibly embrace our truest self if we never step into the dark?

Author and occultist Travis McHenry reveals the secret daemons of the 17th-century and conjures their powers into this unique set of 78-divination cards.

Drawing on daemons, symbols, and sigils from ancient magickal grimoires including Archidoxis Magica and the Key of Solomon, Occult Tarot presents a fully realized divination tool to finally embrace and behold the mysteries of the night.

The first tarot deck to faithfully adhere to the Solomonic principles of demon conjuration, Occult Tarot allows practitioners to discover the power of ancient demons and learn to tame the beasts that wander between the physical and spiritual worlds.

And you can also get a different deck and pretend to be a 15th century Venetian patrician.
https://www.amazon.com/Rulers-Russia-Dennis-Fahey-CSSP/dp/1490947884/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3KYLB39X4CODQ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Y3Q2nXBzeeyWCfLWFb7ikQ.ceZNvEw9eWXjJ0Nzjiydtan76hZgSBl124e52S6Stuw&dib_tag=se&keywords=fr.+fahey+the+rulers+of+russia&qid=1714759845&sprefix=rulers+of+russ%2Caps%2C356&sr=8-1

Jews most certainly are a threat to Catholics, a spiritual threat, and to an extent, an earthly threat, as this book clearly demonstrates.  But it before it becomes a "hate book." I'm surprised it's on Amazon honestly.
Quote from: dueSicilie on May 02, 2024, 06:21:26 PMTo be fair tarot cards are not inherently evil. They are from an old European card game. What he was doing with them I dunno though.

This is from Amazon:

Occult Tarot Cards – April 1, 2020
by Travis McHenry (Author)
4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,603 ratings
4.3 on Goodreads 62 ratings | 189 Want to Read
See all formats and editions

How can we possibly embrace our truest self if we never step into the dark?

Author and occultist Travis McHenry reveals the secret daemons of the 17th-century and conjures their powers into this unique set of 78-divination cards.

Drawing on daemons, symbols, and sigils from ancient magickal grimoires including Archidoxis Magica and the Key of Solomon, Occult Tarot presents a fully realized divination tool to finally embrace and behold the mysteries of the night.

The first tarot deck to faithfully adhere to the Solomonic principles of demon conjuration, Occult Tarot allows practitioners to discover the power of ancient demons and learn to tame the beasts that wander between the physical and spiritual worlds.
First off the core of this dispute is the fact that the jewish religion is rejected by God.

Quote from: Rom 11What then? That which Israel sought, he hath not obtained: but the election hath obtained it; and the rest have been blinded.  8 As it is written: God hath given them the spirit of insensibility; eyes that they should not see; and ears that they should not hear, until this present day.  9 And David saith: Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompense unto them.  10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see: and bow down their back always.

The jews made void the Old Covenant with their child sacrifice to Moloch, as prophesied by Moses:

Quote from: Deut 28And all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue and overtake thee, till thou perish: because thou heardst not the voice of the Lord thy God, and didst not keep his commandments and ceremonies which he commanded thee.

46 And they shall be as signs and wonders on thee, and on thy seed for ever.

Quote from: Deut 31They are returned to the former iniquities of their fathers, who refused to hear my words: so these likewise have gone after strange gods, to serve them: the house of Israel, and the house of Juda have made void my covenant, which I made with their fathers.

QuoteJews are not a threat to Catholics

Yeah, they are.  Which is why Popes expelled them from their land.  And it is clear in this present day that they control the Americans' government.  Look at the legislation that AIPAC and the ADL just got passed by an overwhelming vote.  Where is the legislation condemning putting a crucifix in urine?  Or claiming that Mary Immaculate was a prostitute and that the Lord is in hell in boiling excrement?
If the goal is to avoid suffering, returning to a 50's existence with a Trad Church within walking distance and an economy where a man can work a blue collar job and support a large Catholic family, that is not going to happen anytime soon.  We are going to suffer.  Expect persecution, injustice, lies, hatred, ugliness, war, and economic collapse as the debt bubble blows sky high.  We will suffer for Christ.

But we are winning, and victory will be ours.

The first important thing to do for survival is to make the necessary mind set adjustment to emotionally accept the fall of your standard of living and the madness that is already breaking out.
Quote from: Heinrich on Today at 09:21:28 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on Today at 07:46:44 AMI don't see the problem with not blaming all Jews for the crucifixion of Christ.

Some jews are sinless?

Bernadette did not state that some Jews are sinless.
There are two situations or realities here, which the Church teaches.  One is that the Jewish hierarchy of the First Century was certainly responsible, as were those Jews who had the opportunity to make a choice for Our Lord instead of Barabbas. Undoubtedly, there were many Jews not in the upper levels of power who were also not invincibly ignorant and might have been culpable before God for rejecting His Son. How many -- or whether the entire Jewish population of the time -- are to be condemned is not our concern, because here's the other truth the Church teaches:

We are all responsible for the Crucifixion.  Our sins, collectively, resulted in His death, but God's power alone resulted in His resurrection.  He chose to redeem all of us, Jew and Gentile -- that is, to make that redemption operative for all who choose to renounce any other idol or false religion for Him alone.

The Jewish Diaspora resulted in a variety of outcomes, including children born to Jews, children born to ex-Jews, as it were, adopting a Catholic or other Christian religion of a different region than what was operative in the Mediterranean basin of the First Century.  We have no access to the Mind of God to know which Jews-by-ancestry after the birth of the Church converted and those who will convert in the future.  The idea that God has absolutely condemned every single Jew-by-birth who ever lived or will live is not something the Church teaches, even though it is also true that the Church condemns Judaism, as a religion, as antithetical to Christ's Church. The degree of personal blame of individuals is not something we have access to.

That said, I affirm the earlier Holy Week liturgical language regarding the perfidy of the Jews. That's a general statement.

Parenthetically, I have studied Judaism quite a bit, including its history.  Proselytizing believers of other religions is not part of any game plan, publicly or privately.  Contrast that with the [cough] Religion of "Peace." A significant portion of modern Islam embraces publicly the aim of forcibly converting Christians to Islam.  Jews are not a threat to Catholics -- and I am not talking about the Anti-Christ to come; Muslims, OTOH, are.