Author Topic: Non-Catholics to meet Pope Francis in Manila  (Read 776 times)

Offline Neopelagianus

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholicism
Non-Catholics to meet Pope Francis in Manila
« on: November 26, 2014, 05:38:21 AM »
MANILA, Nov. 25, 2014— At least 10 religious leaders from a variety of denominations are set to meet Pope when he visits the country next year at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila.

According to Fr. Carlos Reyes, executive secretary of the CBCP Commission on Interreligious Dialogue, among the qualifications to be selected to sit down with the Pope is that the religious group should be actively promoting the ecumenical movement.

Quote from: Neopelagianus
Ecumaniac Pope.... If we only have St. Pius X on the throne. Gee, I would pay anything for that!

He expressed hope that Pope Francis’ visit next year would foster more cooperation, mutual respect and trust among religious leaders.

Let's have a reason for hope, shall we? What this ecumenism did to the Church hindered her growth, and did not at all foster her growth. "Cooperation?" Bah!

“We tried to seek peace and unity and the Pope is promoting the ecumenical movement and another thing, interreligious dialogue,” Reyes added, saying interfaith and interreligious dialogues would further create healthier understanding between the different communities.

But never conversion to the Catholic religion, the true faith, right? I'm all for understanding them Father, but I do hope that conversion of these men into the true Religion be the ultimate goal, not simply the "I'm okay, you're okay" mentality.

Meanwhile, the chairman of the Imam Council of the Philippines and Philippine National Police Chaplain Service also see the papal visit forging better relations between Christians and Muslims in the country.

Yeah. But did I mentioned that their extremist coreligionists burned churches and raped nuns in Mindanao? No, some Muslims are not very interested in this mentality. And besides, should you demand their apology for that crime?

Imam Ibrahim Moxir Alhaj said the Pope’s visit will not only be a blessing to the Christian community, but also to the whole country.

Well, if Islam is the major religion, methinks he will say otherwise!

“I’m thankful that I will be able to see the highest leader of the Catholic religion. I’m hoping that it will also be the start for us Filipinos to actively join and participate in our programs,” Imam Moxir told Manila archdiocese-run Radio Veritas in Filipino.

“First, what I can tell the Pope is, I hope the mutual and symbiotic nature of the relationship between Christian and Islam religions continues.

Yeah, like planting an olive tree for "peace". Weeks later, the ISIS devastated Mosul.

Let us, Filipinos, unite for peace in the Philippines,” he also said. (CBCPNews)

http://www.cbcpnews.com/papalvisit/?p=810
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a نصارى

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

Offline LausTibiChriste

• #ImpeachFrancis2020
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • sip sip
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Non-Catholics to meet Pope Francis in Manila
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 05:40:03 AM »
What a shocker.
And he goes to Strasbourg and doesn't even meet the Catholics there.
‎"Traditionalists are some of the worst modernists on the planet"
     -Fr. Chad Ripperger

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
     -Wayne Gretzky
          -Michael Scott

Offline Neopelagianus

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholicism
Re: Non-Catholics to meet Pope Francis in Manila
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 05:51:03 AM »
What a shocker.
And he goes to Strasbourg and doesn't even meet the Catholics there.

He was supposed to meet only the Pentecostalist Protestants in an Italian town (forgot the name) until the people protested since the day he is scheduled to meet them is also their patronal feast day.

Neopelagianus
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a نصارى

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".