Bishop Suppresses TLM at Fisher-More College

Started by Innocent Smith, March 03, 2014, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

BREAKING & EXCLUSIVE: Bishop Bans Fisher More College from offering Traditional Latin Mass to students

Stunning letter gives no reason, simply bans the Mass said daily for last three years at school for sake of "your own soul"

Canon Law Centre: Bishop has "unlawfully restricted the rights of the faithful"

An effect of new Pontificate? First the FI, now the youth in America

In a stunning and breathtaking letter, the Most Rev. Michael Olson, the newly-ordained bishop of the Fort Worth Diocese and the second-youngest bishop in the United States, has fully and totally banned the offering of the Traditional Latin Mass in the chapel of Fisher More College, where it has been offered for the last three years on a daily basis by chaplains all approved by his predecessor bishop according to the college. This blow comes after the students of the college raised $300,000 in about a week to keep the school open for the spring semester (see here).

Rorate has exclusively obtained -- through a source who has requested anonymity -- a copy of the letter sent last week by the bishop after a personal meeting with the college's president, Michael King. Even more striking, the letter from Bishop Olson states that he's doing this "for your own soul," addressing Mr. King, apparently saying in some twisted way the offering of the Mass in the Extraordinary Form is a danger to Mr.King's soul.

When asked by Rorate for a response to the letter from Bishop Olson, the school declined to comment.

Read more at Rorate Caeli.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Lynne

5th thread created on this... The one that was started first is in the trad subforum.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."