Author Topic: Pope Francis 1st Papal Mass Sistine Chapel  (Read 6553 times)

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Pope Francis 1st Papal Mass Sistine Chapel
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »
Doesn't it all remind us of a certain character from a certain show?

Maybe it's just me.

YES, HE REMINDS ME OF MATTHEW FROM DOWNTON ABBEY.

Which you should all watch.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Someone1776

• Korporal
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 07:22:22 PM »
Doesn't it all remind us of a certain character from a certain show?

Maybe it's just me.

YES, HE REMINDS ME OF MATTHEW FROM DOWNTON ABBEY.

Which you should all watch.

Does this mean that after single handily saving the Church he will die in a tragic sedia gestatoria accident?

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
Ninja edit.

And lol.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Mysterium Fidei

• Korporal
  • What a real Pope looks like
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »
Check out his Novus Ordo Mass.

[Not a valid youtube URL

Offline Archer

• Hauptmann
  • Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal.
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »
It is all about looking "humble" and not wanting to offend the poor masses these days.

Yes, so many seem to think that humility and the pomp and glory of the papacy are mutually exclusive. 'You can't be humble and receive the glory of the papacy at the same time.' It is one thing for a saint to prefer a life of simplicity, poverty, and obedience to the vocation of a Vatican prelate; it is another to refuse the honor and dignity of the papacy (as an office) in the name of humility.

The honor and dignity of the papacy are bestowed upon the pope by virtue of the office he holds, not by any personal sanctity he possesses. We do not refer to him as "His Holiness" because he is necessarily holy; we use this title out of respect for the holy office he occupies.

It's like saying that Christ can't be humble because His Body and Blood are housed in a gold tabernacle in a beautiful and lavishly decorated gold-trimmed church. This is the error of the Protestants. The pope must only accept this glory by virtue of the office he holds, not as though it is due to his own person.

In some ways it's actually quite selfish and self-centered.  Oh, I can't be bothered to wear clothes dignified to my office.  I'm going to go out of my way to make a scene, to show everyone how different I am, to make my papacy something different.

My understanding is that Pius X and Pius XII especially found the correct balance here.  They allowed themselves to be carried in the sedia gestatoria and showed the dignity of the papacy in their public life and then returned to sleep on the floor in their papal apartment in private.

This.  Instead of lowering himself to the least common denominator he should inspire the lowest of us to want to do or be better through his actions.  It's leadership 101.

The real leaders, the ones the troops want to follow into battle are the guys who are proud of their position and mission.  What soldier will take pride in his uniform or appearance if he see's his commanding officer unshaven and wearing a wrinkled uniform?  The good leaders are the guys who work longer and harder than everyone else and lead by example from the front. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Offline Der Kaiser

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: sedevacantist Catholic
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »

[Not a valid youtube URL

I think my cred is pretty well established here. i am not sticking up for him but this looks to be one of those dumb ass youth mass type things. His Mass today in the Sistine Chapel was okay for an NO Mass that is.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Offline Gerard

• Feldwebel
  • .. and his raiment became white and glittering
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 08:48:18 PM »

[Not a valid youtube URL

I think my cred is pretty well established here. i am not sticking up for him but this looks to be one of those dumb ass youth mass type things. His Mass today in the Sistine Chapel was okay for an NO Mass that is.

What does that tell us about him?

He likes a flexible pandering Novus Ordo with all the banal, manufactured liturgical qualities it carries with it?

He's supposedly a fan of the Divine Liturgy.

He is no fan of the TLM. 

So the TLM particularly represents something to him that he finds repellent. 

More than that, it's an obstacle of some sort to him.  It's not just a matter of distaste, because the normal reaction would be different strokes for different folks.