"The Post-Synodal Exhortation has been ready since September"

Started by MichaelLofton, December 04, 2015, 09:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattock

For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

MichaelLofton

Michael Wilson

this is a real "bomb"; it should be getting a bigger reaction that it has.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

MichaelLofton

Quote from: Michael Wilson on December 04, 2015, 04:41:55 PM
this is a real "bomb"; it should be getting a bigger reaction that it has.

I agree. I tried to get others to report on it. Only one to do so is Steve Skojec.

Parresia

This seemed to be the expectation ahead of time, and it now appears to have been true.  If it is, this is a disgusting piece of manipulation and frankly, flat out lies, on the part of the Holy Father. 

Miriam_M

To Michael Wilson:

I didn't comment about it because I had already assumed this:

QuoteIn fact, it [the exhortation] was already completely ready before the Synod!

That, and Francis' manipulation to which the article alludes, were transparent to me before this second Sin-nod began.

Francis is political to the core.  He has shown that since his election.

(I know that you probably mean "a reaction in the wider Catholic world," but I'm just explaining why I didn't comment on the thread.)