Author Topic: Don Bosco's statue desecrated in Guwahati, Assam  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Don Bosco's statue desecrated in Guwahati, Assam
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 10:58:45 PM »
In the last year, we've had mass said by two different Indians (Tamils) in my parish.

Me too! Small world, huh? And these two Indian priests who visited my parish actually went through school and seminary together. Their Catholic village in India had had something like a hundred vocations to the priesthood and religious life. 😄
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Arun

• Господи Ісусе Христе Сыне Божїй помилѹй м
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic Forever Forever Catholic
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »
i would be surprised to be shown a single true believer out of the 1.4 billion wallowing there. 19 million  nominal Catholics doesn't say much.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Offline Stefan

• Hellebardier
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 03:04:58 AM »
In the last year, we've had mass said by two different Indians (Tamils) in my parish.

Me too! Small world, huh? And these two Indian priests who visited my parish actually went through school and seminary together. Their Catholic village in India had had something like a hundred vocations to the priesthood and religious life. 😄

Priests in America and the West earn 20 times the amount that their Indian counterparts do. The same is the case for Mass stipends. Don't be surprised if a popular "hymn" of the Indian religious community is: " I wanna be in America" - popularized years ago by Trini Lopez

Offline Stefan

• Hellebardier
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 03:57:13 AM »
As in most of the world, the hierarchy is the primary problem. This NGO Catholicism is a blight.

That's a very apt description - " NGO Catholicism" !

Many years ago I offered a nun who was running some sort of center for older teenagers and young adults - all females - some holy cards for distribution among the inmates. She backed off in horror! They were all non-Catholics, you see, and this would not go down well with them!

Here you had an institution, funded by a diocese in Europe, giving vocational training, with stipends, to non-Catholics!

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 07:39:52 AM »
In the last year, we've had mass said by two different Indians (Tamils) in my parish. A quick check of  Wiki says there are 19.9 Catholics in India. Not all Indians are godless.

19.9 - that's less than twenty. and how do you get .9 of a person btw?

Ahem, million. 19.9 million souls. As compared to German's 24 million. Guess who will have a much disproportionate impact on the upcoming synod.
Yes million. Thank you.
"It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry"

Offline red solo cup

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 07:47:12 AM »

We actually have three Tamils. All from the same village. But his English is so bad he doesn't say mass.
This last Sunday, our priest was from Uganda. He's called Fr Robert because no one can pronounce his last name.

Offline Bernadette

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 11:58:02 AM »

We actually have three Tamils. All from the same village. But his English is so bad he doesn't say mass.
This last Sunday, our priest was from Uganda. He's called Fr Robert because no one can pronounce his last name.

When I visited my father in Southern California, the priest was from Africa. Preached an excellent homily.
"Make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found."

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
The Salesians of Don Bosco have in Ireland a single novice, as far as I know. He had, like any UK novice, to go to the US for much of their formation as they don't have enough locally to train them properly. Sad. They make a good effort.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Offline Arun

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 04:56:29 PM »

When I visited my father in Southern California, the priest was from Africa. Preached an excellent homily.

i'm tempted to post the tommy tiernan clip about australian priests vs african priests hahaha

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Offline red solo cup

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 08:04:50 AM »

i'm tempted to post the tommy tiernan clip about australian priests vs african priests hahaha
"Zebedee that tax collecting you-know-what"!

The following users thanked this post: Arun

Offline Stefan

• Hellebardier
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 11:32:03 PM »
A section of the Indian Catholic media reported that the Don Bosco statue desecration matter has been "resolved" How so?. Well it seems that the worldwide Don Bosco Bi-Centennial celebrations have officially come to an end, hence the statue issue has now no relevance.

Offline Arun

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 08:35:34 PM »

"Zebedee that tax collecting you-know-what"!

dammit lol, at Mass this morning when Father did the readings in English before his sermon he goes "Reading from the Gospel of St Luke" and i had to forcibly stop myself from grinning cos i was waiting for him to sayn "i like Luke..." ahahahaha

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR