What's for dinner?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

I made Guinness stew the other night and made the extra effort to slow braise it so the meat was incredibly tender.

F me it was delicious, if I do say so myself.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

MundaCorMeum

Maybe I can redeem myself.... we're having bacon sandwiches, please ignore the "sandwich" part 🐖

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on August 31, 2020, 09:42:00 AM
Indian at the Raja of Kent.

https://www.therajaofkent.com/

The last day of the government sponsored half price meal deal.

(UK government pay for half of your meal in all eat-in restaurants).

Myself and my wife taking out the head of the local Latin Mass Society who is a direct descendant of Henry VII.

Joseph?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Greg

No just the Kent Southwark District.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bernadette

Japanese curry, one of my favorites.
My Lord and my God.

coffeeandcigarette

Pork Roast, French Silk Pie.

Greg

I bought some sirloin (New York Strip) reared in Finland that won a gold medal in the world steak challenge.  It comes from a grass-fed Ayrshire and the meat tastes slightly grassy, like it has clover or some sort of wildflower in it.  I'm using 1/2 the amount of salt and pepper to cook it so the natural taste (which is nice but subtle is not overpowered)

https://www.atria.fi/en/exports/news/worlds-best-steak-comes-from-atria/

Tonight I have an Argentinian priest visiting me as he passes my house and I'm going to cook a 1 inch thick sirloin for him over well burned down chestnut wood coals with some wet hickory chips thrown in for flavour.  About to start the fire now and let it burn down over the next 1hour 20 mins.

A whole 3 foot sirloin cost £94 and cut 27 steaks from it.

This is the priest who is coming to dinner.

http://www.unavocesevilla.com/conferenciadiazpatri.htm
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Fleur-de-Lys

Ham and cheese quiche with roasted potatoes and asparagus

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 07, 2020, 05:03:06 PM
Ham and cheese quiche with roasted potatoes and asparagus

The quiche looked excellent, revealing all the hikma of the cook.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm making Moroccan food - chicken and apricot tagine with rice pilaf and carrot salad.

Fleur-de-Lys

Philip G.

I had some black bean vegetable soup from black beans that I grew in my garden. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

MundaCorMeum

Leftover spaghetti and meatballs

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 19, 2020, 05:11:47 PM
Chicken Creole tonight

One of my favorites!  My Mom makes the best.  I've *almost* got mine as good as hers, but not quite.

Kaesekopf

Leftover bratwurst and semmelbroetchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.