Consecration of the forum to the Sacred Heart of Jesus - A Request

Started by Kaesekopf, June 07, 2013, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Forum members,

On this feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, I kindly ask of you to personally make a prayer for the forum to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. 

Later tonight, I will be consecrating the forum (via the below prayer) to the Sacred Heart.  If you want to be super particular and you keep late Friday nights, I am tentatively planning it for 11:45pm Eastern time. 

I would greatly appreciate if you could do this.

Thank you and God bless,
Kaesekopf

QuoteMost sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us humbly prostrate before Thine altar [if not in a church, replace "before Thine altar" with "in Thy presence"]. We are Thine, and Thine we wish to be; but, to be more surely united with Thee, behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Thy most Sacred Heart.
Many indeed have never known Thee; many too, despising Thy precepts, have rejected Thee. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to Thy sacred Heart. Be Thou King, O Lord, not only of the faithful who have never forsaken Thee, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned Thee; grant that they may quickly return to Thy Father's house lest they die of wretchedness and hunger.
Be Thou King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions, or whom discord keeps aloof, and call them back to the harbor of truth and unity of faith, so that there may be but one flock and one Shepherd.
Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism, and refuse not to draw them into the light and kingdom of God. Turn Thine eyes of mercy towards the children of the race, once Thy chosen people: of old they called down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior; may it now descend upon them a laver of redemption and of life.
Grant, O Lord, to Thy Church assurance of freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: "Praise be to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to it be glory and honor for ever." Amen.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jayne

:pray3:

Thanks so much for doing this.  I really liked that consecration prayer.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

Performed four minutes earlier than expected, but in front of the Blessed Sacrament.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Penelope

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

trentcath

This is pretty epic! Also really liking the new logo, guess I will have to mind my manner from now on...

LouisIX

I'm sure many posters, like myself, were unable to pray this on the feast day because of prior arrangements, but please feel free to pray it at any point from now on going forward.  The prayers will still have efficacy.

And I'd also invite anyone to say this prayer for the forum regularly, as it will renew the consecration to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Jayne

Quote from: LouisIX on June 10, 2013, 03:30:08 PM
And I'd also invite anyone to say this prayer for the forum regularly, as it will renew the consecration to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord.

I would like to say it every first Friday.  Would it be possible to bump this thread (or some other one) at the right time to remind people who want to do this?

LouisIX

Quote from: RealJayneK on June 10, 2013, 04:21:50 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on June 10, 2013, 03:30:08 PM

I would like to say it every first Friday.  Would it be possible to bump this thread (or some other one) at the right time to remind people who want to do this?

Yes.  If you (or anyone else) can remember, please do.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Jayne

Well I didn't manage to remember at the right time for bumping this thread in July or August, this coming Friday will be the first Friday.

JoyfulMother

I will try to remember the forum when I go to First Friday at my local SSPX chapel with holy hour, confession & Mass!

That was how I met my local SSPX priest.

I am also thinking of enthroning the Sacred Heart in my home.  Not quite sure how to do it.  Not everyone lives here anymore. :cry:  Should I just do it for myself and anyone else who wants to participate?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: JoyfulMother on September 02, 2013, 08:55:44 PM
I will try to remember the forum when I go to First Friday at my local SSPX chapel with holy hour, confession & Mass!

That was how I met my local SSPX priest.

I am also thinking of enthroning the Sacred Heart in my home.  Not quite sure how to do it.  Not everyone lives here anymore. :cry:  Should I just do it for myself and anyone else who wants to participate?

Don't you need a priest to enthrone the SH in your home?

Either way, I'd do it.