Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReturnofLive

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Jacob

_The Founder_ with Michael Keaton as Ray Kroc.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

TheSaintsAreComing

'The Conjuring 2'

It was OK - I liked the first one better. From what I've read there's different people involved with the making of the third part in the series, so I don't have high hopes for that one
I'm gone

red solo cup

Joker with Joaquin Phoenix. It was alright.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

DigitalLogos

Quote from: red solo cup on June 13, 2021, 04:31:23 PM
Joker with Joaquin Phoenix. It was alright.

People hyped that movie to high heaven. It was good, but it glorifies mental illness and anarchy.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Jacob

_Black Robe_.  It was intense in places.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

The Book of Eli. Not bad.

maryslittlegarden

Watching Rio Grande now....possibly followed by The Quiet Man
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Jacob

Mmmm, Rio Grande.  Probably the best work of John and Maureen as a team.
--Neal Stephenson

Bernadette

The Tree of Wooden Clogs. I actually watched the whole tihng for once. Usually I quit after the first half or so.
My Lord and my God.

Melkor

Jurassic Park I. So good.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Jacob

Quote from: Melkor on June 30, 2021, 10:18:43 AM
Jurassic Park I. So good.
My brother and I have a joke about Jurassic Park.  In a multiplex out there in America's commercial sprawl, JP is still being shown on a regular basis.  When it came out, it seemed like it was in theaters forever.
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

The Tomorrow War. Beyond dumb.

Christina_S

The King and I (1956) with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Prayerful

The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968 film) was the most recent for me. There is an element of satire on the class system in it and Lord Lucan (owner of Castlebar, Co. Mayo) was younger, well more youthful, than the film shows him. The actress, Jill Bennett playing army wife Fanny Duberly (whose fluent writings appear a lot in histories) died aged 58 by her own hand (overdose). In the film she's yet another wife seduced by Lord Cardigan (who in reality did pursue other men's wives and was mocked for his marriage to a divorced woman, whom her husband was happily rid of in words not fitting for a Catholic forum. It does also give a good account of Captain Nolan, played by David Hemmings (who also died relatively young at 62, but by heart attack), a very professionally minded cavalryman.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.