Hello there

Started by DigitalLogos, April 24, 2021, 06:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalLogos

Hi everyone, glad to be here

What brings you to SD? Discussing Catholicism, expanding my own understanding of the Faith, making new friends
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Yes, I was on Fisheaters as Augustinian am also on CathInfo as DigitalLogos. I'm also on Gab and Minds under the same username.
Why did you choose your username and avatar? It has been my name for most of my profiles for a while; my avatar is my favorite image of the Sacred Heart.
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Married
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Wisconsin
Personality type? INTJ, introvert
Favorite books? "Imitation of the Sacred Heart of Jesus" by Fr. Arnoudt; the works of St. John of the Cross; "De Civitate Dei" by St. Augustine; "The Mystical City of God" by Ven. Mary of Agreda; the works of St. Dionysius the Areopagite
Favorite movies? Lawrence of Arabia; The Passion of the Christ; Jesus of Nazareth; John Carpenter's The Thing
Favorite TV shows? No
Favorite sports teams? No
Have any hobbies? Some gaming, mostly reading and writing
Pet peeves: Pointless small talk
Fun random fact about yourself: I love whisky
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Melkor

Greetings! What kind of whiskey do you like? I'm a fan of Irish and Bourbon.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

DigitalLogos

Quote from: Melkor on April 24, 2021, 06:51:30 PM
Greetings! What kind of whiskey do you like? I'm a fan of Irish and Bourbon.

I'm very partial to Kentucky bourbon, but I also am not ashamed to say I love Jack.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Kaesekopf

Wisconsin gang gang.

Welcome!

And, Kentucky bourbon is pretty enjoyable.  I'm typically a fan of Buffalo Trace products, although it's harder to find out in my area D:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

DigitalLogos

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 24, 2021, 07:00:23 PM
Wisconsin gang gang.

Welcome!

And, Kentucky bourbon is pretty enjoyable.  I'm typically a fan of Buffalo Trace products, although it's harder to find out in my area D:

Yes, Buffalo Trace is excellent. I really need to get some more of it, now that you mention it...

Christe Eleison

Quote from: DigitalLogos on April 24, 2021, 06:30:25 PM

What brings you to SD? Discussing Catholicism, expanding my own understanding of the Faith, making new friends
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Yes, I was on Fisheaters as Augustinian am also on CathInfo as DigitalLogos. I'm also on Gab and Minds under the same username.
Why did you choose your username and avatar? It has been my name for most of my profiles for a while; my avatar is my favorite image of the Sacred Heart.
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Married
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Wisconsin
Favorite books? "Imitation of the Sacred Heart of Jesus" by Fr. Arnoudt; the works of St. John of the Cross; "De Civitate Dei" by St. Augustine; "The Mystical City of God" by Ven. Mary of Agreda; the works of St. Dionysius the Areopagite
Favorite movies? Lawrence of Arabia; The Passion of the Christ; Jesus of Nazareth; John Carpenter's The Thing
Favorite TV shows? No

WELCOME Digital Logos  ;D

WISCONSIN is a great state  :cheeseheadbeer:

It has the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest all over the state. I love them  :pray2:

Please join us in the PRAYER section of the forum.
We need more Prayer Warriors  :pray3:

Please also consider joining the Saint Joseph's Workbench subforum, ask the forum Moderator, Kaesekopf to sign you up.

It is the Men's sub forum sign up page in the 1st thread of the forum (General Information)

I hope that this forum helps you in many ways  :pray1:

WELCOME  ;D

Jacob

Welcome from the Hawkeye State!
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Michael Wilson

D.L. Welcome to the forum! I am also a big fan of "The Imitation of the Sacred Heart" and "The Mystical City of God"; I hope you like it here and contribute to the forum.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

My last drink of all time was a Kentucky Bourbon. What kind of writing? Have you ever done an axel press?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

DigitalLogos

Quote from: Heinrich on April 24, 2021, 07:44:22 PM
My last drink of all time was a Kentucky Bourbon. What kind of writing? Have you ever done an axel press?

Mostly spiritual journaling, a little blogging, and I have a weird hobby of transcribing old Catholic books out of copyright that I get off of archive.org. I like typing, and absorb information a little better through transcription, plus it gives me something to do when I have downtime at work.

I have no idea what an axel press is

Melkor

Buffalo Trace is delicious. I bought Maker's Mark once, never again.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

VivaCristoRey

Welcome, good to see you here!  I'm very partial to Jack Daniel's.   ;)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Melkor on April 24, 2021, 08:53:46 PM
Buffalo Trace is delicious. I bought Maker's Mark once, never again.

Maker's is a good bourbon.

For women.

:^)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

Quote from: DigitalLogos on April 24, 2021, 06:30:25 PM

Favorite books? "Imitation of the Sacred Heart of Jesus" by Fr. Arnoudt; the wo

rks of St. John of the Cross; "De Civitate Dei" by St. Augustine; "The Mystical City of God" by Ven. Mary of Agreda; the works of St. Dionysius the Areopagite
Favorite TV shows? No
On Wisconsin!

non impediti ratione cogitationis