Separate property in marriage?

Started by GiftOfGod, November 10, 2020, 01:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Quote from: andy on December 28, 2020, 10:40:33 PMAnd perhaps, as an aspiring wife who truly want to love her husband, she would not mind it initially just because she wanted to be a GOOD and GIVING wife.

What would she be giving? It's not hers to give.

Quote from: andy on December 28, 2020, 10:40:33 PM
I am not a layer, but if you WANT that sole property, just setup a trust or some kind of rental LLC who would be the owner (I am sure there are ways of doing so), make sure it goes to your wife in case you die before her and never bring it up. Not because you want to manage the potential divorce situation (fear driven) but because you WANT things be that way (strong will driven).

Estate planning is important but even without it, a spouse automatically inherits.

You are right about motorcycling. I'm giving that up once my future wife gets pregnant. I'm not worried about dying before is pregnant. Young and childless widows are still desirable in tradom and she'd bring quite a dowry to her next marriage.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

andy

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 29, 2020, 12:45:33 AM
What would she be giving? It's not hers to give.

Herself. All her life. Every moment of it. For you.

I'm giving that up once my future wife gets pregnant.

Why?

GiftOfGod

Quote from: andy on December 29, 2020, 07:11:50 PM
I'm giving that up once my future wife gets pregnant.

Why?

Because riding when you have a pregnant wife is an unacceptable risk. I thought I made it clear that widowing a young childless trad isn't that bad. You should be able to draw the conclusion from that statement that it is very bad to widow a young trad with a child. Her value on the trad marriage market is nil as a single mother, she can't work to support her child without depriving her child of a mother, and the child is deprived of a father. Bad all around compared to:
Young and childless widows are still desirable in tradom and she'd bring quite a dowry to her next marriage.

By dowry, I'm referring to her inheriting my assets and getting a life insurance payout.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

andy

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 29, 2020, 09:03:43 PM
Because riding when you have a pregnant wife is an unacceptable risk.

If your skills suck, then yes.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: andy on December 29, 2020, 09:43:25 PM

I did a ride-a-long with a traffic cop once. He said that being the world's best/safest motorcyclist won't save you from a drunk driver, texter, teenage speeder, etc. He had been a traffic cop for 10 years and he's said that he investigated hundreds of motorcycle accidents, so I believe him. My motorcyclist class said the same thing but with stats. I don't have the papers anymore but basically a sizable percentalge of motorcyclist deaths were not the fault of the motorcyclists. Will that be on your tombstone, andy, "At least my skills didn't suck!"? The risk is still many times higher even if you take away the deaths caused by the fault of the motorcyclists.

andy

Quote from: GiftOfGod on January 05, 2021, 11:47:17 PM
Quote from: andy on December 29, 2020, 09:43:25 PM

I did a ride-a-long with a traffic cop once. He said that being the world's best/safest motorcyclist won't save you from a drunk driver, texter, teenage speeder, etc. He had been a traffic cop for 10 years and he's said that he investigated hundreds of motorcycle accidents, so I believe him. My motorcyclist class said the same thing but with stats. I don't have the papers anymore but basically a sizable percentalge of motorcyclist deaths were not the fault of the motorcyclists. Will that be on your tombstone, andy, "At least my skills didn't suck!"? The risk is still many times higher even if you take away the deaths caused by the fault of the motorcyclists.

My wife does not mind it at all. To the contrary, she takes a lot of pride (that good one) from my crazy motorcycle adventures as it makes her stand out in a crowd of feminist and meek women.

As far as the risk goes, there is some, we have to be prudent of course. E.g. I try to avoid routine commute to work. Skillful rider can read the traffic around instinctively and control the situation.

I would say, if a man can take risks and show the control, it lowers a chance of divorce :-). True women despise vague boys.

Frank

I've just this thread from the beginning and found it really fascinating.

Can't think why it ended. GOG is still here so presumably he hasn't married yet.
I think Jayne would marry him if she were younger.  ;D
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Frank on November 04, 2021, 06:12:19 AM

That literally goes against every ethos of her people
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Jayne

Quote from: Frank on November 04, 2021, 06:12:19 AM
I've just this thread from the beginning and found it really fascinating.

Can't think why it ended. GOG is still here so presumably he hasn't married yet.

I am already married.  If we imagine an alternate reality in which I did not marry, I am not sure that I would be Catholic, since my husband's influence was instrumental in my joining the Church.

I see nothing in GoG's views of property in marriage that would make him a bad husband, but this is not a matter of personal interest for me, just a theoretical question.  Still, if someone as obnoxious as Laus could find someone wiling to marry him then anybody could, so I see no reason for GoG to give up hope.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

LausTibiChriste

Me, when I bring the virtue signallers down to my petty level:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Jayne

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 15, 2021, 02:46:20 PM
Me, when I bring the virtue signallers down to my petty level:

If I were at your level I would have insulted you back every time you made one of your little digs at me.  I still have a way to go to become as petty as you. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bonaventure

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 10, 2020, 01:39:19 PMI have not had success in the area of courting. I believe it is due to the fact that I own a house and have a few hundred thousand in equity in it and I insist on it staying "sole and separate property" if we get married. The relationship always goes sour shortly after I tell the women my intentions regarding that. They presume that it will become theirs (community property) but I want to keep it separate. This has happened to 3 women so far and I don't know what to do. I thought about letting women assume that it would become community property until we get married but that wouldn't be honest.

Any advice?

I'm not surprised you haven't found a spouse.

You are likely too far ahead in your station in life to be able to find a woman with whom you will be able to build something. Your best bet would be to pursue someone you see as successful as you perceive yourself.

Godspeed.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Michael Wilson

B.T.W. Whatever happened to G.O.G.?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers