Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

350. Values

Nothing is simpler than what Jesus tells us:
"Of all the nations make disciples, baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew, chapter 28, verse 19

"Make disciples". It's easy to invite someone to have a drink with us. We can also simply invite people, friends who trust in us to convert and become believers in Jesus Christ. Jesus only asks us that. The attention, the gestures and the words, the listening and the living of faith with the people, it's the mission that Jesus proposes to us.

What is more difficult is to convert ourselves and find ways for people to gradually adhere to Jesus. Today is no different than when Jesus passed on the mission to the Apostles. The world we're in is not very different. People always have the same thirst, the same desire to find meaning in their lives, to discover true Love.

Love, values and the meaning of life are in God and nowhere else.

Book: Up! Let's go!
Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

351. God-like

John tells us:
"Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1 John, chapter 3, verse 2

We are children of God. Our parents offered us the grace of Baptism and we became children of God.

We grow in faith every day. We come to Mass, we listen to the Word and we live the Eucharist. We are privileged: "We are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed". We know at least that by abiding in God we will freely enter, through the resurrection of the Son, into his Kingdom.

We're always between two realities; God's children and at the same time, we are not yet complete in the faith. Faith allows us to hope in God and to feel his Love in our hearts, but it's not complete for us simply because we're not fully restored. We hope, however, to experience the fullness of Love in God.

We want to be totally transformed into God. Some people are quickly transformed and others are transformed gradually, according to the rhythm of each person. We are never stationary when we walk with others in the Church.
Sometimes people are already saints, but it's because they dare a conversion of each day strongly supported on the graces received at their baptism.

The more we find ways to walk with Jesus, the more our lives are transformed, often without our knowledge. We have everything in us to become saints. We have everything in ourselves to follow Jesus indefinitely. The more we are with him, the more we are connected to the essence of existence.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

352. Jesus is real food

Jesus confirms to us that he is God:

"I am the good shepherd. A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John, chapter 10, verse 11

Jesus is the true Shepherd. We have no other shepherd than Jesus. Yes, there are people in the Church who help as shepherds, who help in conversion and keep the flock together to lead it to fresh pastures.

But Jesus alone gives real food. Jesus is also the only one who gave his life for us, who saves us and guarantees eternal life.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

353. To be released

Jesus says that we are not the only ones to be saved:
"I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd." John, chapter 10, verse 16

People follow Jesus without knowing it and Jesus welcomes them as they are. As christians, we're invited to seek, with Jesus, the people who don't seem from his enclosure, to encourage them to follow and talk to them about his Love.

Too many people today live in fear and rejection, violence in many forms. Let's pray for these people to be released from the tormentors of violence, scorn, hatred.

Let's pray also for the violent and unhappy people to become converted and models of faith, love and peace. May their hearts be healed from the injustices they also experienced in their childhood.

Let's continue to evangelize them with values, joy, hope, peace. Because these values are worth more than gold. The presence of Jesus in a life is worth more than anything.

Happy are we to know that Jesus is in our life! Let's pray for Jesus' presence to spread in the world. Joy will grow in us each time we present to the Trinity a person interested in adhering to his Love.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

354. Hopefully

Paul speaks of Abraham's faith:
"He believed, hoping against hope, that he would become 'the father of many nations,' according to what was said, 'Thus shall your descendants be.'" Romans, chapter 4, verse 18

We know about the mission of Abraham and the promise of God to give him many descendants. Now let's imagine that we're evangelizing and that many people are converting to Jesus Christ. We too will have many descendants.

For this, we must carry on, let ourselves be lifted up by the Spirit and set to work. We must accept to evangelize if we want God to give us strength. It's when we are in motion that we receive God's graces. Otherwise we'll not discover the missionary grace that God offers us.

We may have the grace to pray. The grace of the missionary is also to be discovered, to remove the cover of what closes and freezes us to receive all the graces of evangelization.

"Hoping against all hope," Abraham believed. Let's imagine if we believe it too, the spiritual descendants we'll have, and the grace we'll live every day! We too can, we too must hope.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

christulsa

Nice altar.  Do you offer the Traditional Mass, Father?

Normandt

Sorry,
for me I'm offering the Eucharist,
and I grew up in the Catholic Church.
For me there is no Traditional or Vatican II,
there's Mass.

So, may each person feel good in the church they are.
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

355. A happy exchange

Jesus reminds us of what the grace of evangelization confers on us:
"Everyone who acknowledges me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God." Luke, chapter 12, verse 8

We will enter into a happy exchange, between us and the Trinity, then between us and the people on the road.

We invite our families and friends to come for coffee, a meal, shop, play, practice recreation and sports, we can also invite people to a mass, to a teaching of faith, to an evening of prayer.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

christulsa

Quote from: Normandt on June 12, 2021, 05:12:33 AM
Sorry,
for me I'm offering the Eucharist,
and I grew up in the Catholic Church.
For me there is no Traditional or Vatican II,
there's Mass.

So, may each person feel good in the church they are.

A good read by Cardinal Ottaviani, Father:

https://sspx.org/en/ottaviani-intervention

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.