Divino Afflatu Breviaries

Started by S.Casimir, September 16, 2015, 07:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.Casimir

JMJT

Hello,

I purchased a while back the Four Volume "Roman Breviary in English" by Benziger Brothers copyright 1950.  I wanted to know if this is the Divino Afflatu breviary and if so can someone tell me where I can get rubrics for the recitation of the office?  I already know how to use the John XXIII Breviary but I've noticed some differences in the DA version. 

Also is there an Ordo in English out there somewhere? or maybe a calendar?  I already make use of Divinum Officium but I'd like to learn how to be independent of it.
"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and all the instruments of His Holy Passion that Thou mayst put division in the camp of Thine enemies, for as Thy beloved Son hath said, "a kingdom divided against itself shall fail." -  Sœur Marie de Saint Pierre

VeraeFidei

You are in luck for an Ordo; although it is more-or-less in Latin, it is fairly easy to figure out the basics. Check out www.ordorecitandi.blogspot.com aka Saint Lawrence Press. They publish an Ordo every year based upon the 1939 Office.

For rubrics I would recommend contacting the gentleman who runs that website; he is very knowledgeable and I presume would be happy to help.

Kaesekopf

If there's anything I've learned about breviary nerds, it's that they're usually happy to help others learn the breviary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.