Hello.

Started by CoolCat, January 02, 2013, 12:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolCat

Happy new year.  I heard of this forum within my online travels. 
I came to check it out.

Kind regards.

EcceQuamBonum

Hi, CoolCat!  Glad your journeys brought you 'round these parts.    :)
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: CoolCat on January 02, 2013, 12:47:34 PM
I came to check it out.

Kind regards.

Greetings CoolCat!

I hope what you heard was not false. Despite what some may say, there is no free cake here.

tmw89

Welcome to SD, CoolCat.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 02, 2013, 12:55:21 PM
Quote from: CoolCat on January 02, 2013, 12:47:34 PM
I came to check it out.

Kind regards.

Greetings CoolCat!

I hope what you heard was not false. Despite what some may say, there is no free cake here.

One hopes that CC is sufficiently seasoned as an internet traveler to know that the cake is always a lie.
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Kaesekopf

We do what we must...

Because we can.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

TerrorDæmonum

For the good of all of us, I dearly hope my reference is not foreign to the OP. This kind of talk is very weird to those not familiar with it and this is an introduction there.

CoolCat

To all: Thank you for your kind welcome.
I don't buy into the free cake deal.
Although, on occasion, I do bring in cake to the office and share with it with my co-workers.
;)

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: CoolCat on January 02, 2013, 01:17:28 PM
Although, on occasion, I do bring in cake to the office and share with it with my co-workers.
;)

Except the ones who are...

Never mind.

People at my work bring food for us too.

This forum seems to be doing well. I hope it succeeds.

Ancilla Domini

Welcome, CoolCat!

Tell us about yourself:

What brings you to SD?
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)?
Why did you choose your username and avatar?
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)
Personality type?
Favorite books?
Favorite movies?
Favorite TV shows?
Favorite sports/teams
Have any hobbies?
Pet peeves:
Fun random fact about yourself:

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Hat And Beard

Welcome CoolCat.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGzjvzy65Nc[/yt]

You're not by any chance a jazz cat like me, are you?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 02, 2013, 01:20:43 PM
Quote from: CoolCat on January 02, 2013, 01:17:28 PM
;)

Except the ones who are...

Never mind.

People at my work bring food for us too.

This forum seems to be doing well. I hope it succeeds.

There's no sense crying over every mistake. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.