Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

Hi! Peace and joy to you all!

I am french canadian and grew up in the province of Québec, incardinated in the Diocese of Rouyn-Noranda.

Small intro:
The texts I place here comes from homilies written from the beginning of my ordination as priest on June 12th 2011 up 'til 2014.

Each morning, I asked the Lord to help me write the homilies, but mostly for him to tell the people what he wants to tell them today, right now.
The reasons for that demand:
I wanted for the Lord to speak to his people. The second reason, I wanted to reread the homilies to make shure they're really from God, and not just some repeating or my own thoughts.

In 2013, while rereading, I was amazed of what the Lord had left me as a gift. Simple texts but profound at the same time, it seems to be. So I decided to place the paragraphs in order of a full text to be read as a book.
I can only bless the Lord for that and hope the message of his Love passes through hearts as it passes through mine.

The idea of the books has it's foudation on four subjects which the main object is Pathways of faith, a way to get to the Heart of God, accept and let him Love us.

1. Conversion
2. Love of God
3. The Mission (1st of all it's Jesus' Mission)
4. Evangelization (Jesus is the Evangelizer, the Good News)

I like to share also in different subjects when I feel the knowledge to.

I have also 420 videos that goes with the number of each text.

Link to videos: Go to 9th playlist "In Love":
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpGkHnpPdZpOd2Tzk48g6zQ/playlists?fbclid=IwAR1fQTB7A2TGIlKn8eQJsT-N23ReRax-Rng5LsBfkDPw8qNKpcRzLB6I1p4
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

92. The loss of meaning
Closing in on evil leads us to move away from Love. Then Love does not stick with us because of the limits that evil causes. Jesus conveys a strong enough image of the loss of meaning and sin:
"If the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented in sackcloth and ashes." Matthew, chapter 11, verse 21b

People who move away from faith in Jesus open the door to evil and lead others into it. When the Love of God does not pass, evil multiplies like a virus and contaminates those who let themselves be influenced by it.

Now, when Love passes, there is a progression in goodness, according to the pace of evolution of the person.

Jesus uses the example of these two cities to demonstrate to what extent sin can lead a person and groups of people, by a loss of meaning, a lack of good values, to their ruin. If Jesus's miracles do not come to us, we should check the quality of reception we confide into his Love.

When we reject God's Love, what we really lack is the healing of the heart and soul through the flow of Love which is unfortunately diminished because of the evil that keeps us prisoners.

As soon as we ask Jesus for healing to welcome his Love, there is automatically something good happening in us. Even though the feeling may be subtle now, with determination, later on we will appreciate the inner transformations.

Book: Let's be Loved
Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Vetus Ordo

Bienvenu sur le forum, Père Normand.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

93. Negative choice or Holy Spirit

There are choices that make a difference. First, what keeps us captive and imprisoned:
"Immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians, chapter 5, verses 19 to 21

The promised inheritance is the Love of God. But what Paul says is that these acts lead us away from the Love promised to us.
Negative inclinations are those that lead us to become invalid, to become inhuman (thoughts, gestures, words), to evil and at the same time to the remoteness of God, even to the moving away from oneself. There are so many ways to refuse to let ourselves be Loved, the refusal to feed our body, our life of Love, the refusal to serve the Love of God in our neighbour.
We have the choice to let ourselves go to harmful and enemy inclinations or to collect the good with the Holy Spirit. What the Spirit offers us supports us and brings us closer to God:
"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." Galatians, chapter 5, verses 22 to 23a

Let's be aware of these fruits in our life. Let's look at them, collect them as invited friends at our home. Let's spend our days observing them, meditating on them and recognizing their benefits.

Let's keep our thoughts on the manifestations of the Holy Spirit and we will prefer this path that instills spiritual and human well-being. We will feel our life enter a major turning point that will amaze us.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

94. The need to pray

Jesus recommends to us:
"Take care." Luke, chapter 11, verse 35
The only way we do not weigh down our lives is to live our lives like Christ, to put our trust in him and to feed ourselves with his Love.

All distractions causes wrong and move us away from the presence of God. May we remain vigilant in prayer. God does not need our prayers, but we need to pray. Prayer pulls us out of evil and leads us to a more sincere relationship with God.

We need to pray for our heart to unite with the will of God. We need to pray to better understand his will. We need to pray in order to be enlightened and inspired by God in front of multiple choices and decisions.

It's the complete opposite of living life without God, without Love. All that unites us to God distances us from temptations and evil. It's the only law that governs our lives. Either we move toward God, or we move away from him. And everything that challenges and unites us to the Trinity keeps us in life, joy, hope, service, friendly encounters, holy with ourselves, with others and with God.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

95. Watch and pray

Jesus tells us:
"Be vigilant at all times and pray that you have the strength to escape the tribulations that are imminent and to stand before the Son of Man." Luke, chapter 11, verse 36

Let's watch and pray to discern good from evil in our lives and in the lives of others. Jesus watches over us and Loves us until sin is erased. He wants to guide us to salvation. May Jesus come and convert us, so that we live with him.

May Mary and Joseph help us, by their example, to listen to what God asks of us personally. For this reason, we are invited to receive the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit in our hearts as Mary and Joseph knew how to welcome him.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

96. The refusal

Beyond the cause of evil in the body, there remains for us a principle that is undeniable. Even if we know that evil is mainly caused by the evil prince, it progresses when one or more people let themselves be tempted.

If, for example, someone starts bullying a student at school, he will experience the consequences of this bullying. He will "feel it deeply". And this evil will develop in him, since he is a victim.

If other people know that he is intimidated and they are joining in, they increase the harm. They place invisible bricks around this person and they slowly build his prison. The victim will live the evil in all the fibres of his being and in his heart.

Evil is pernicious. Diseases are related to evil. Evil will not come from the one who is intimidated unless he decides not to let himself be loved. He suffers the consequences of the hurt caused by people who distance themselves from God's desired Love.

The spirit of contradiction keeps us away from God. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to counter the surge of God's Love for us.

Health problems are related to the rejection of Love in our life, simply because we use stratagems and we exile ourselves away from Love. Unless this evil is caused by many. That said, the rejection of God's Love of others can also cause illness and evil that progressively destroys us.

Only the Love of God can bring back everything good, keep us from harm and give us freedom. We do not want to be around evil, but sometimes we slip into it.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

97. Ask for help

We have probably experienced this feeling where nothing seems possible for us. We are tired, exhausted. We lack energy. And suddenly, we have a "flash of genius" to turn to Jesus and ask for his help.

And what a surprise we had when we felt something deep happen in us. From that moment, our life was awakened and it was transformed delicately, joyfully, from within.

We had felt Jesus's presence. All was unclear, but we knew, from a certain intelligence and wisdom, that something gloriously had happened, something luminous in us.

It's like the intense joy of a moment that overwhelms us and that we fully live. Our life makes sense with Jesus. We want to remain in this state. We want to celebrate and pray this new momentum of life.

Let's ask God, again, to come and touch what needs to be healed in our life.

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

98. Pride is near

The impasse is on the watch:
"Because you have thought yourself to have the mind of a god." Ezekiel, chapter 28, verse 6

The king of Tire is in a proud phase of his life, since he believes he has everything necessary. He judges himself superior to others. He lends himself superior thoughts to others. He convinces himself to be a "god".

Sometimes things accumulate, but we forget to deepen what we need most, the Presence of God in our life and in the world.

This is a calling not to let ourselves go to pride. When all is well, we feel light. Every day becomes an enchantment. Do be careful, because pride is looking at us through the optical hole of the door, by the "Judas".

Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.