Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Quote from: Dusty Bottoms on January 27, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on January 27, 2017, 11:17:48 AM
Dude, didn't know you had a podcast. Good to see you around.

Is Brady gonna get his fifth?

Thanks - just something I started last year because I couldn't find a podcast that discussed movies from a Catholic perspective; so I said, what the heck, I guess I'll try it.

But yeah, I think Brady will get it.  I actually (*ducks*) like the Patriots.  Who are you rooting for?

I think he'll get it too.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Hat And Beard

It's been months since I saw it, but Hell or High Water will probably hit a note with a lot of the folks on this forum. Definitely give it a look.

Also, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was way better than I expected. If you read the Harry Potter series and didn't like most of the film adaptations(I'm looking at you, last 4 movies), then you'll probably enjoy this movie.

piabee

Lights Out, again. So good.

red solo cup

Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Amusing and entertaining.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

Quote from: red solo cup on February 03, 2017, 04:57:00 AM

One of the most entertaining scripts ever written.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

Quote from: Heinrich on February 04, 2017, 10:49:30 AM
Quote from: red solo cup on February 03, 2017, 04:57:00 AM

One of the most entertaining scripts ever written.

I have the soundtrack as well as the movie. Enjoy it, too.  ;D I should watch it again.
My Lord and my God.

piabee

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. My friends are big on the bollywood.

martin88nyc

Arrival (2016) Very intense and suspenseful.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

martin88nyc

Hacksaw Ridge(best movie of the year) and Silence(don't know what to think,  dramatic and at times very moving but then again perverted in a way. Did Japanese villagers really didn't know that Jesus was God and had an inadequate or ever a tiny understanding of Christianity? In my opinion a wasted opportunity to show the real Kakure Kirishitan but then again it was based on a book. Does anyone know how closely does the movie follow the story-line of the book.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Dusty Bottoms

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 20, 2017, 02:30:57 PM
Hacksaw Ridge(best movie of the year) and Silence(don't know what to think,  dramatic and at times very moving but then again perverted in a way. Did Japanese villagers really didn't know that Jesus was God and had an inadequate or ever a tiny understanding of Christianity? In my opinion a wasted opportunity to show the real Kakure Kirishitan but then again it was based on a book. Does anyone know how closely does the movie follow the story-line of the book.

It is a difficult, engrossing, but ultimately disappointing (to me) book.  The movie was incredibly faithful to it, for better and worse, with some small but significant exceptions.

I talk extensively about both the movie book here:  http://catholicmovieguy.com/2017/01/27/126/.  I also did a podcast on Hacksaw Ridge that you might enjoy: http://catholicmovieguy.com/2016/11/07/catholic-movie-guy-podcast-episode-4-hacksaw-ridge-top-5-war-films/.

Bernadette

Fanny and Alexander, here:

https://www.filmstruck.com/

Now this I would subscribe to, even after the free trial is up. SO many excellent movies!  ;D

Fanny and Alexander is going to need another viewing. There was so much packed in there! I wish there were a book version. I do better with books. :(
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Dusty Bottoms on February 21, 2017, 11:48:13 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on February 20, 2017, 02:30:57 PM

It is a difficult, engrossing, but ultimately disappointing (to me) book.  The movie was incredibly faithful to it, for better and worse, with some small but significant exceptions.

I talk extensively about both the movie book here:  http://catholicmovieguy.com/2017/01/27/126/.  I also did a podcast on Hacksaw Ridge that you might enjoy: http://catholicmovieguy.com/2016/11/07/catholic-movie-guy-podcast-episode-4-hacksaw-ridge-top-5-war-films/.
Thank. Oh yes you have mentioned your podcast, sorry my memory ain't that good anymore :D I'll definitely listen to it.  :thumbsup:

Bernadette

My Life So Far:o Definitely not recommended.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Places in the Heart. Sally Field plays such a strong woman in that movie: what an excellent model of virtue. :)
My Lord and my God.