Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

A Simple Life on hulu. It was so sad. Though the backstory was fascinating, so I would have liked a whole book about that (woman works as a servant in a family over 60 years and 4 generations).
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISHER about a 7 you old Master chess player. True story. Fantastic.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

I love that movie. I recorded it off cable years ago. :)
My Lord and my God.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Bernadette on August 16, 2016, 12:37:29 PM
I love that movie. I recorded it off cable years ago. :)

It's one of few that I can watch repeatedly. 

I just finished watching When the Game Stands Tall - an inspiring true story with Jim Caviezel as Bob Ladouceur.  I heartily recommend.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Lydia Purpuraria

Question:

Any opinions on which Blade Runner to watch: Director's Cut, or Final Cut? 

(Or... maybe it doesn't really matter? :-\)

Kaesekopf

The longer one?  There's a lot of opinions on which cut to watch.  I watched...  final?  On Netflix. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lydia Purpuraria

Yeah, there probably are a lot of varying opinions (which I don't mind hearing).  Someone lent me the Director's Cut today... but then said they think they actually have the Final Cut, too, if I wanted to borrow that one instead (it's not on Netflix anymore).  They couldn't really remember the difference between the two to recommend one over the other, however, so I figured I'd ask around a bit before watching. 

zork

I read somewhere that the Final Cut and Director's Cut of Blade Runner each have scenes cut from and added to both. So if you want the full Blade Runner experience, you'll probably have to watch both versions. Which probably isn't a bad thing, considering the 'regular' version itself is pretty good.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Prayerful

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEKSHBJtdc[/yt]

Molokoi: The True Story of Fr Damien

Saw this on DVD yesterday and here it is on Youtube. Fr Damien brought the Mass and extraordinary improvement to the lives of the lepers of Moloko'i (now called Hansen's Disease and curable since 1940).
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 16, 2016, 12:20:06 PM
SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISHER about a 7 you old Master chess player. True story. Fantastic.

I read his book The Art of Learning. The guy is something else.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

Mud with Matthew McConaughy. Not bad.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

The War of the Buttons (remake) on Netflix. It was pretty good. But man, the French movies really lay it on thick about the resistance groups. Seriously, the whole village?  ::)
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

The Flowers of War
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5rw3oTJMw[/yt]
This isn't the last movie I saw but I really loved this one.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

zork

Nevada Smith (1965 or 1966)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

red solo cup

Hereafter with Matt Damon. Slow paced and kind of sad but watchable.
non impediti ratione cogitationis