Arun

Yeah it was pretty crack up

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Gardener

Quote from: Archer on June 21, 2015, 05:58:34 PM
Quote from: Arun on June 21, 2015, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: Gardener on June 21, 2015, 05:04:56 PM

Bad wars don't produce good movies.

vietnam?

Touche. We Were Soldiers is a top notch movie.

I'm not so sure Vietnam was a bad war, like Iraq and perhaps even Afghanistan; the left has drawn comparisons, but tactically they are different -- even the human terrain is just so different. Plus, the situation in the Ia Drang valley was a bit different from a tactical point of view than the experience in Iraq. Ia Drang was far more conventional, and a single event.

Also, Moore's book was actually worth reading from a literary standpoint. Same with Col. David Hackworth's books, also about Vietnam.

And neither of their works focused particularly on a single individual's experience, who was a sometimes roughly-spoken Texan with bad compiling.

A good book about Iraq, though not written by a military man, is "The Fall of Baghdad" by Jon Lee Anderson.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

piabee

Non-Stop.

Quote from: Arun on June 21, 2015, 04:41:24 PMHurt Locker was real good but most people i know never actually watched it lol.

I liked it!

red solo cup

I watched Hurt Locker too. Thought it was great.
Just saw A Clear and Present Danger. It was hilarious to see what was considered high-tech computers in '94.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Arun

Just finally watched the Maltese falcon for the first time. Always been a huge neo-noir fan si I wants to check it out. Ending sucked harder than Kirby. Would of made a good HBO mini series if the movie was the premiere then e2 kicked off in istanvul

sent from a cheap Asian phone using Crapatalk

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Arun on June 22, 2015, 06:35:20 AM
Just finally watched the Maltese falcon for the first time. Always been a huge neo-noir fan si I wants to check it out. Ending sucked harder than Kirby. Would of made a good HBO mini series if the movie was the premiere then e2 kicked off in istanvul

Loove that movie - need to rewatch it.

Star Trek 5 (AKA The search for God.)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kaesekopf

Jurassic Park.

First twenty minutes of The Sandlot.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Larry

y

Oh, man, I love the Maltese Falcon, ending and all. Mary Astor was such a manipulative witch, and I love watching her face as Bogey turns her over to the cops. I do kind of wish that Greenstreet and Lorre would have gotten away, though. They were pretty funny.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Chestertonian

Quote from: Arun on June 18, 2015, 04:03:57 PM
jurassic world. thought it was lame and also an improper use of a Chris Pratt. basically just another one of these nostalgia vehicles designed to keep people in a state of man-childness really.
yrah ive noticed that too

the transformers movies i got all excited then new optimus prime
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Arun

Quote from: Larry on June 23, 2015, 10:53:02 AM

y

Oh, man, I love the Maltese Falcon, ending and all. Mary Astor was such a manipulative witch, and I love watching her face as Bogey turns her over to the cops. I do kind of wish that Greenstreet and Lorre would have gotten away, though. They were pretty funny.

i dunno, i started watching film noir cos i like neo noir but i'm starting to think i prefer neo noir personally. film noir movies often set you up for a whole lot of nothing. i was going to watch a film of the 39 steps because i like the book but then i don't wanna watch it because i like the book.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

red solo cup

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The new one with Gary Oldman.

Arun

Quote from: red solo cup on June 24, 2015, 05:25:54 AM

i like le carre's books better than the movies made from his books

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

red solo cup

Quote from: Arun on June 24, 2015, 03:57:41 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on June 24, 2015, 05:25:54 AM

i like le carre's books better than the movies made from his books
Agreed. No comparison.

LoneWolfRadTrad

Saw Jurassic World the week after it came out.

But more recently, I finally saw I Am Legend.  Eh, I can see the inspiration from Charleton Heston's adaptation, but each is too different from the other to really compare.