Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Archer

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on June 20, 2015, 01:30:18 PM
I just thought it was boring really. The guy's an insufferable dick....there was almost no plot to it at all...except for the little bit of trying to get that other sniper I couldn't really tell you what the movie was about. I just straight up didn't like it. Contrast it to Saving Private Ryan for example...that movie had purpose, it had a solid plot, it made sense, some people did some stupid stuff but all in all I feel like that's how people would act 90% of the time in that situation. American Sniper was just that...American. Far too much for my tastes.

Haven't seen it yet, probably won't. Mainly because the only time I watch movies is with my better half and I doubt she'd sit through it.

I did like the Saving Private Ryan shout out. That's a well done movie.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Arun

Quote from: Archer on June 21, 2015, 04:25:58 PM
I just thought it was boring really. The guy's an insufferable dick....there was almost no plot to it at all...except for the little bit of trying to get that other sniper I couldn't really tell you what the movie was about. I just straight up didn't like it. Contrast it to Saving Private Ryan for example...that movie had purpose, it had a solid plot, it made sense, some people did some stupid stuff but all in all I feel like that's how people would act 90% of the time in that situation. American Sniper was just that...American. Far too much for my tastes.

Haven't seen it yet, probably won't. Mainly because the only time I watch movies is with my better half and I doubt she'd sit through it.

Saving Private Ryan was awesome, just like Band of Brothers.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Arun on June 21, 2015, 04:37:46 PM

That's my point....those two are awesome. American Sniper is shite in comparison...all this "I have to protect America because the savages are attacking us!!!!"...yawn...that trope is so 2002 (Granted that's about the time frame of this movie, but still).
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Arun

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on June 21, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

That's my point....those two are awesome. American Sniper is shite in comparison...all this "I have to protect America because the savages are attacking us!!!!"...yawn...that trope is so 2002 (Granted that's about the time frame of this movie, but still).

I like American Sniper because it told the tale of a legendary true hero, but the war scenes were a little lackluster in places. Not a lot of good films on the Iraq war really. Hurt Locker was real good but most people i know never actually watched it lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LausTibiChriste

Again, I disagree...I don't think he was much of a hero, more of a self-absorbed moron blinded by his American patriotism

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on June 21, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

Bad wars don't produce good movies. The book is not exactly going to win the Nobel prize for Literature either. I didn't even finish it, as it was so poorly written.

But, I have met Chris Kyle at SHOT Show, and I don't think he was a self-absorbed moron by any stretch. I think he was just a guy from Texas who was really good at killing people, who was given a target-rich environment, and wanted to move on with his life at the end of it all. He was very gracious and, well, "normal" when I met him. He was very into helping other vets. He was very into Texas. He was very into the American ideal. I honestly believe if he could have achieved the end of financing his chosen causes without putting himself out there post-service, he would have.

ETA: Two interviews that are in line with the Chris Kyle I met:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_h_fpUMZM[/yt]
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLVMUlDpaE[/yt]

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

I don't doubt your experiences at all Gardener and I'm not trying to rag on Chris Kyle....I just thought the movie was kind of dumb.

- MaximGun

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on June 21, 2015, 05:20:23 PM
I don't doubt your experiences at all Gardener and I'm not trying to rag on Chris Kyle....I just thought the movie was kind of dumb.

Bad books don't produce good movies. ;)

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Archer

Quote from: Arun on June 21, 2015, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: Gardener on June 21, 2015, 05:04:56 PM

Bad wars don't produce good movies.

vietnam?

Touche. We Were Soldiers is a top notch movie.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Archer on June 21, 2015, 05:58:34 PM
Quote from: Arun on June 21, 2015, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: Gardener on June 21, 2015, 05:04:56 PM

Bad wars don't produce good movies.

vietnam?

Touche. We Were Soldiers is a top notch movie.

Don't forget Tropic Thunder. That movie was hilarious

- MaximGun