Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Meh.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Rose

Quote from: red solo cup on December 19, 2014, 06:26:30 AM

It wasn't bad...just not very realistic.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

piabee

Good stuff.

Quote from: zork on December 19, 2014, 12:16:56 AM
Mockingjay Part 1

I don't understand why I haven't seen this yet.

red solo cup

Quote from: Rose on December 19, 2014, 04:41:36 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on December 19, 2014, 06:26:30 AM

It wasn't bad...just not very realistic.
Many of the scenes were so dark,  I couldn't tell what was happening. To the point that it detracted from the experience.

zork

Quote from: piabee on December 20, 2014, 02:11:36 AM
Good stuff.

Mockingjay Part 1

I thought you would've seen this already!
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

piabee

Quote from: zork on December 20, 2014, 02:54:41 PM
Mockingjay Part 1

I thought you would've seen this already!

Me too!! I will probably go with my sister next week now that she's visiting.

Unless you mean the 30 Seconds to Mars doc, but I only just found out about it.

zork

Nah, I did mean the Mockingjay bit. I can't comment on 30 Seconds on Mars (not into their music).
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

AngloFalcon

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 14, 2014, 11:47:46 PM
how was Paddington
Sorry. Only use this on Sunday's during advent. It was brilliant. Really lovable. A little PC with messages about immigrants and all that but for the most part just good clean fun.

Quote from: Bernadette on December 17, 2014, 09:26:08 AM
Quote from: AngloFalcon on December 14, 2014, 04:22:12 AM

I want to see this one.  ;D

I saw It's a Wonderful Life the other night on TV. I have a strange love/hate relationship with that movie. George Bailey just never gets any breaks, and working at the loan company is presented as the only good, upstanding, worthwhile thing that he can do with his life. I understand that this is necessary to move the plot forward, but it always bothers me.

You should see Paddington when it comes out. It's good fun. Even if it's a children's film, if it's well made and serves its purpose, it's not time wasted. I'm interested in the subject of Children's Literature anyway.
Good stuff.

Mockingjay Part 1

It's very good. The cleanest and most modest Hunger Games yet, so that was a relief.

red solo cup

Outlander. James Caviezel as an alien who crash lands in 700 AD Norway. Not awful.

AngloFalcon

Quote from: red solo cup on December 21, 2014, 09:17:28 AM
Outlander. James Caviezel as an alien who crash lands in 700 AD Norway. Not awful.
Started that one. Never finished though...

Bernadette

Quote from: AngloFalcon on December 21, 2014, 06:07:41 AM
I'm interested in the subject of Children's Literature anyway.

A man after my own heart.  ;D I love children's literature, especially British- Kenneth Grahame, George MacDonald, Edith Nesbit, and of course, A. A. Milne.
My Lord and my God.

Johnny Midnight

i just watched a movie called vanishing on 7th street on prime cuz it was free.  golly what an awful movie.  and it was rated r for some reason i guess cuz they drop the eff word a few times.  the guy who played darth vader was in it and he still cant act.  no explanation either for what was happening which i hate. i need closure.

the more movies i see the more convinced i am i need to do more spiritual reading.  saints > darth vader.  im just tired of books right now.
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

Bernadette

Quote from: Johnny Midnight on December 21, 2014, 08:00:00 PM

the more movies i see the more convinced i am i need to do more spiritual reading.  saints > darth vader.  im just tired of books right now.

Have you tried audiobooks? I find them extremely helpful. :)

https://catholicaudiobooks.wordpress.com/
My Lord and my God.

Johnny Midnight

Quote from: Bernadette on December 21, 2014, 09:51:39 PM
Quote from: Johnny Midnight on December 21, 2014, 08:00:00 PM

Have you tried audiobooks? I find them extremely helpful. :)

https://catholicaudiobooks.wordpress.com/

thank you for this.  i like free.   :) im going to load some of those on my mp and avoid awful free movies for awhile.

ok, i prob wont avoid awful free movies, but ill watch fewer of them.
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney