Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

How was the maze runner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

sprungli

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 26, 2014, 12:34:48 AM
How was the maze runner?
I wouldn't rate it highly to be honest. It was kind of suspenseful, but also a bit predictable...not the kind of movie that I would usually see.

Kaesekopf

That's what it seemed like...   good to know.  :)

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Adeodatus

"Fury". The first 75% of the movie was good, and then it became totally farcical.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Basilios

Quote from: Adeodatus on October 26, 2014, 11:37:34 AM
"Fury". The first 75% of the movie was good, and then it became totally farcical.

Yes I agree. I really disliked the ending crap. It went from believable, awesomely realistic(ish) story to "MURICA SELF SACRIFICE BEST SUPERHERO ONE MAN ARMY" crap. Also the Germans largely had stormtrooper syndrome (especially as you say in last part of movie).
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Archer

Quote from: sprungli on October 26, 2014, 02:18:00 AM
How was the maze runner?
I wouldn't rate it highly to be honest. It was kind of suspenseful, but also a bit predictable...not the kind of movie that I would usually see.

If you're into sci-fi/fantasy the books are decent. Page turning popcorn reads.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

red solo cup

Murder on the Home Front. A horrible waste of time.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Adeodatus

Quote from: Basilios on October 26, 2014, 02:36:24 PM
Quote from: Adeodatus on October 26, 2014, 11:37:34 AM

Yes I agree. I really disliked the ending crap. It went from believable, awesomely realistic(ish) story to "MURICA SELF SACRIFICE BEST SUPERHERO ONE MAN ARMY" crap. Also the Germans largely had stormtrooper syndrome (especially as you say in last part of movie).

Yeah, it's so realistic when the bad guys line up and jog directly into your bullets, while not even firing their weapons ever.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

totiusque

Get the Gringo
Django Unchained
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

Watching The Book of Kells
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

sprungli

Fury.

Once I got past the gore & death, it was kind of interesting but also really sad.

Freedom Writers.

Highly recommended. A young teacher inspires her underprivileged students to complete high school.

Liyarn Ngarn

A documentary about the oppression and prejudice that Indigenous Peoples face.

Neopelagianus

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO27KELMvjU[/yt]

Tunay na Ina (The True Mother), 1939

One of the only five (5) Filipino films to survive World War II. The Spanish, Filipino, and the English-speaking people before the war are already making some high quality productions then. In fact, this country is the movie capital of Southeast Asia before the war.

Neopelagianus
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

Neopelagianus

Quote from: Neopelagianus on November 01, 2014, 10:27:39 AM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO27KELMvjU[/yt]

Tunay na Ina (The True Mother), 1939

One of the only five (5) Filipino films to survive World War II. The Spanish, Filipino, and the English-speaking people before the war are already making some high quality productions then. In fact, this country is the movie capital of Southeast Asia before the war.

Neopelagianus

May I add that the present Filipino movie industry is in shambles today, except for a few quality productions here and there usually by independent studios. Also, the morality present in some movies is distasteful and despicable since the 1970's.

Neopelagianus
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

AngloFalcon

How was the maze runner?

I thought it was really good actually. Very suspenseful and exciting. The story themes would probably be familiar to anyone used to the genre, but the ending holds some nice twists if you don't know the story. I would certainly recommend. Think Hunger Games and you're about there.

Anyone going to see Interstellar?