Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

White Zombie with Bela Lugosi. The supporting cast is poor, but Lugosi is at his best. Great camerawork, cinematography and an interesting use of musical themes from the silent era. Good old fashioned Gothic horror, where love conquers all, and evil is destroyed.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

voxxpopulisuxx

Wes anderson Grand Budapest Hotel.....very best movie hes made...quite entertaining and beautifully shot and incredible art design.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

erin is nice

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 12, 2014, 08:46:17 AM
Wes anderson Grand Budapest Hotel.....very best movie hes made...quite entertaining and beautifully shot and incredible art design.

You think it was better than The Royal Tennenbaums and Moonrise Kingdom?

Pius Papa Decimus

Quote from: erin is nice on July 13, 2014, 07:44:36 AM

I really enjoyed the Grand Budapest Hotel, love the Royal Tannenbaums, and I liked Moonrise Kingdom too. I enjoy Wes Anderson's work. The humor in his films are right up my alley.
Pius P.P. X

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: erin is nice on July 13, 2014, 07:44:36 AM

I liked both..but this movie never made me uncomfortable. Which is a first for Wes.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

SouthpawLink

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.  The apes are more compelling characters than the humans, and I also remember their names better than I do the humans'.
"Is there no exception to the rule forbidding the administration of the Sacraments to baptized non-Catholics who are in good faith? In the case of those who are in good health, the prohibition is absolute; no dispute on this point is possible in view of the repeated explicit declarations of the Holy Office" (Rev. S. Woywod, A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, vol. I, sec. 625, p. 322ff.).

Contrast the above with the 1983 CIC, Can. 844 §3 & 4: "Catholic ministers administer the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick licitly to members of Eastern Churches which do not have full communion with the Catholic Church. . . .  If the danger of death is present or if, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or conference of bishops, some other grave necessity urges it, Catholic ministers administer these same sacraments licitly also to other Christians not having full communion with the Catholic Church." — The phrase "properly disposed" does not save the canon from error, because the context shows that no conversion is expected on the part of non-Catholics ("manifest Catholic faith in respect to these sacraments" is the sole requirement).

red solo cup

American Hustle. OK but not great. Christian Bale was uninspiring but Jennifer Lawrence was very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

TeDeum

Last movie I have seen:

Don't cry for me Argentina
Johannes
Römisch Katholisch
in der Oberpfalz (Bayern)

totiusque

The Fighting Sullivans

Another little gem I can't believe I had never seen before.  The true story of what Saving Private Ryan was based off of, and was made just 2 years after the brothers died.  I can't begin to imagine what that family went through.  Special Features on the DVD were also very interesting.

* Side note - I couldn't get into The Royal Tenenbaums.  Just not my cup of tea, I guess.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Michael Wilson

Just watched "The Hobbit; the Desolation of Smaug"  Peter Jackson does a great job transforming a somewhat boring chidren's book into a gripping epic.  Very exciting.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Gardener

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

RedCaves

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes!

LOVED IT!!

Better than the first one.

Looking forward to the third one. I wonder if they will incorporate the ICARUS crew for the next one?

Revixit

Quote from: TeDeum on July 13, 2014, 07:10:36 PM
Last movie I have seen:

You're referring to "Evita," right?

Madonna gave a wonderful performance as Eva Peron.  I haven't really followed her career but I doubt she's done anything better than
"Evita."  I thought she deserved the Oscar for it that year, though I don't remember who won it.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy On Us

Heinrich

Quote from: Revixit on July 14, 2014, 05:18:11 PM
Last movie I have seen:

Madonna gave a wonderful performance as Eva Peron.  I haven't really followed her career but I doubt she's done anything better than
"Evita."  I thought she deserved the Oscar for it that year, though I don't remember who won it.

:rofl:
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Revixit

Quote from: Heinrich on July 14, 2014, 07:04:49 PM
Quote from: Revixit on July 14, 2014, 05:18:11 PM
Last movie I have seen:

Madonna gave a wonderful performance as Eva Peron.  I haven't really followed her career but I doubt she's done anything better than "Evita."  I thought she deserved the Oscar for it that year, though I don't remember who won it.

:rofl:

Have you seen "Evita"?  I'm guessing not.  It wasn't a comedy and Madonna's performance was not a joke.  Nor was I kidding.  She was very good in the part.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy On Us