Giving up the forum for lent

Started by Bernadette, February 11, 2024, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I've decided to give up the forum for Lent. Not sure if I'll be back on Sundays or go straight through. God bless, everyone!
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

This year I am actually going to stay put but cut out browsing.

LausTibiChriste

I'm out too - see y'all Thursday :cheeseheadbeer:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bernadette

Changed my mind, I'm giving up coffee instead. I figure I need all the distraction I can get at the moment.
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

Quote from: Bernadette on February 13, 2024, 08:05:40 AMChanged my mind, I'm giving up coffee instead. I figure I need all the distraction I can get at the moment.

This might not be the best time to quit coffee either, especially cold turkey.  I quit all caffeine a few  months ago and its a very rough ride.  Unless you've done this before and you don't get a reaction. 

Accepting your father's passing with resignation already seems to have made up a suitable Lenten penance.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

Quote from: drummerboy on February 13, 2024, 10:47:25 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on February 13, 2024, 08:05:40 AMChanged my mind, I'm giving up coffee instead. I figure I need all the distraction I can get at the moment.

This might not be the best time to quit coffee either, especially cold turkey.  I quit all caffeine a few  months ago and its a very rough ride.  Unless you've done this before and you don't get a reaction. 

Accepting your father's passing with resignation already seems to have made up a suitable Lenten penance.
That's a good point on both counts.
My Lord and my God.