Lifesite research: 1.72 billion abortion-killings worldwide 1973-2013.

Started by Xavier, August 10, 2018, 05:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

How terrible this is. An article from some time ago but representing the main research on the subject. We must stop these killings and turn the tide.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/1.72-billion-abortions-worldwide-in-the-last-40-years

RONT ROYAL, VA, April 1, 2013 (HLI Worldwatch) - Simon Rabinovitch in his article, "Data Reveal Scale of China Abortions," reports that there have been 336 million abortions, 196 million sterilizations and 403 million intrauterine devices used in China since 1971. He notes that Chinese doctors every year abort roughly 7 million babies, sterilize nearly 2 million men and women and insert 7 million IUDs, though precise numbers are hard to come by. My first reaction to this news was horror and disgust. Remember that these numbers represent the actions of only one country, and its corrosive behavior against life.

After reading the article, I asked Dr. Brian Clowes, director of education and research at Human Life International, to investigate the number of worldwide abortions since 1973. The results were staggering! He estimates that there have been more than 1.72 billion abortions over the last 40 years, a trend that is not lessening but growing exponentially as more and more countries embrace and legalize contraception and abortion as methods of population control, which is always sold as "family planning" and "reproductive health."

Honestly, Dr. Clowes' research left me numb. It is almost unimaginable to believe that humanity has sunk — and continues to sink — to such a level of disregard for human life. One would think we would have learned from history and the consequences of intrinsically evil decisions. As there was with the concentration camps of the Second World War, there should be outrage and outcry for the 1.72 billion children murdered in the last 40 years. Sadly their cries and those of our other most vulnerable brothers and sisters, the poor, the aged and handicapped, are drowned out amidst the growing waves of relativism, economic development and "rights" without responsibilities ...

The breakthrough we need in today's debate over life is found in Love's true meaning revealed in the Easter message. The power of death shall not prevail. Evil can be conquered. Jesus is the answer to our questions and the remedy to our human dilemmas. Our full participation in His transforming love is the leaven we need to transform the culture of death into a Culture of Life.

Saint James challenges the early Christians to live their faith in Christ Jesus: You have faith and I have works. Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works. We can change the trends of evil if every Christian fully embraces life in Jesus Christ and reflects this life in truth and love.

Father Shenan J. Boquet is the president of Human Life International, the world's largest international pro-life and pro-family organization."
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

james03

God obliterated Israel for killing what? a few thousand babies to Moloch?  Enjoy food and clean water while you can.  The Comet of Chastisement(tm) or the big flash of nuclear light are heading this way.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Michael Wilson

I remember reading in the Catholic magazine "30 days" about two Catholic missionaries in Russia in the 1990's who told the magazine that the official number of abortions an average Russian woman had was ten; but probably the number was much higher.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

GloriaPatri

Quote from: james03 on August 10, 2018, 11:33:17 AM
God obliterated Israel for killing what? a few thousand babies to Moloch?  Enjoy food and clean water while you can.  The Comet of Chastisement(tm) or the big flash of nuclear light are heading this way.

What's the timeframe, James? I mean, if nothing happens for 20, 30, or 40 more years doesn't it seem then that God has simply left us to our own devices?

Maximilian

Quote from: Michael Wilson on August 10, 2018, 12:20:57 PM

I remember reading in the Catholic magazine "30 days" about two Catholic missionaries in Russia in the 1990's who told the magazine that the official number of abortions an average Russian woman had was ten; but probably the number was much higher.

That makes Putin's achievements all the greater.

james03

QuoteWhat's the timeframe, James? I mean, if nothing happens for 20, 30, or 40 more years doesn't it seem then that God has simply left us to our own devices?

Yes.  That is why moslems now roam Europe and rape white women.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

GloriaPatri

Quote from: james03 on August 11, 2018, 07:14:46 AM
QuoteWhat's the timeframe, James? I mean, if nothing happens for 20, 30, or 40 more years doesn't it seem then that God has simply left us to our own devices?

Yes.  That is why moslems now roam Europe and rape white women.

While that is a problem, the number of Muslims in Europe has hardly reached numbers to overthrow the status quo. In the EU about 4% of the population identifies as Muslim. And not all of those are what can be called "radicals." At least half of that 4% are children, and I don't think the adult women will be committing large scale acts of violence anytime soon. So that leaves the adult men, at most 1% of the population of the EU. Not really the numbers to form a conquering army.

Xavier

James, We must defeat the abortionist killers in the time God gives us. I agree we are already living on borrowed time. It is a marvel of Infinite Mercy that we have not all been sent to the abyss of hell already. For this one crime alone, it would have been just to send us there. Infinite Justice will demand reparation, penance, expiation and true remorse for these sins to be blotting out.

I don't believe in waiting for a chastisement to fall from heaven, though. I think that's a mistake some trads are making imo.

Thanks, Michael. The number may be even higher, as you say; known to God alone, and filling His sorrowful Heart with infinite anguish over the deaths and murders of His creatures and children. Although the ussr was one of the first to legalize abortion in 1920 (one of those errors the Blessed Mother warned about), it's good to see the Russian Orthodox Church now take a very strong stance against it. My hope is Russia, Europe, the US and the rest of the world ban it and work to build a civilization of love and a culture of life for the men, women and children of tomorrow.

In the US, all our immediate hopes for a brighter future rest on winning big in November now. God will be with us as we try. I dream of the Heartbeat ban being implemented in 2019 and the Life at Conception Act in 2020. I hope we prove all the secularist naysayers (who are the only ones who are killing people but who always say "people gonna die. People gonna die" whenever we enact pro life legislation) wrong on the ground too, and many pro-life pregnancy centers and the like continue to do the good work they are doing and expand to replace abortionist groups like Planned Parenthood. We are very close now to ending abortion. We have 3 months to pray, work, plan and prepare.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Michael Wilson

"Vladimir Putin Pro-Choice"
http://fortune.com/2017/12/14/vladimir-putin-russia-abortion-pro-choice-press-conference/
Maybe it's the old Communist in him, maybe he's always been a closet feminist, or maybe it's because he just doesn't want to annoy half of the country's voters four months before he runs for re-election. Whatever the reason, Russian President Vladimir Putin finally came out as pro-choice on Thursday.

"In the modern world, the decision is up to the woman herself," Russia's president said in his annual marathon press conference on Wednesday, which ran to just shy of four hours. Any attempt to suppress it, he added, would only push the practice underground, causing immense damage to women's health.

Putin also cautioned against tightening the country's historically liberal laws on abortion any further, saying that any decision on future regulation "must be careful, considered and based on the general mood in society and the moral and ethical norms that have developed in society."

Putin's comments—his first clear statement on the issue in 17 years of effectively uninterrupted rule—put a dampener on an increasingly vocal contingent of Russian society that is trying to restrict abortion. That movement, led in part by the Russian Orthodox Church, cites both the moral imperative of protecting unborn life, and the more pragmatic one of sustaining a national birth rate that slumped in the chaos that followed the collapse of the Soviet Union. Russia's fertility rate dropped from 17 live births per 1,000 population in 1986 to only 8 by the year 2000. It has crept up steadily since then and live births outnumbered deaths in 2015—for the first time since the collapse of the USSR, according to the Rosstat statistics office. However, another two-year recession and the poor targeting of new social benefits for mothers has seen the birth rate dip again.

The Pro-Life movement has been increasingly emboldened in recent years. A 2011 change to the law left women with complete freedom to abort in the first trimester of pregnancy, but forced them to give either a social or medical justification for abortions between weeks 12 and 22, and also imposed a period of reflection to allow for second thoughts. And it forced clinics to devote resources to warning women about the possible negative health effects of aborting.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers