Sarcasm font

Started by voxxpopulisuxx, January 29, 2014, 04:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Why Impact?  Because it's the font used on the image macros?

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Penelope on January 30, 2014, 06:42:59 AM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 30, 2014, 05:18:10 AM
Penelope just proved we need the font. Nice work by you penny.

OCLF just proved that we don't.
One( 2 if you count me) person out of four......but I admit need is a strong word.
Im just trying to add a little color...I think Louis expressed a slight desire to have a font.
What harm?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Daniel on January 30, 2014, 07:00:32 AM
Why Impact?  Because it's the font used on the image macros?
arbitrary....I was just trying out the wierdest one of the choices///
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Lynne

Kaesekopf and the mods probably aren't looking for votes, yay or nay, as this forum isn't a democracy but I'm not wild about a special sarcasm font because it's not obvious to new-comers what
the special font is for.

The internet "convention" is to indicate with a back-slash (\s) and/or brackets (<\s>)

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

I am pretty sarcastic and way too lazy to use a font for it.

I'd rather we teach newcomers how to properly use the square brackets and quote tags before we get a sarcasm font...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Landless Laborer

I'm with Penny.  Where does it end?  Do we need a joke font too? 

Landless Laborer

Part of the art of satire, sarcasm, humor, is what goes without saying, what is implied.  We have been talking about the writer's perspective, what about the reader's?  Some forums (fora - whatever), have a little "thumbs up" tag.  Its a little anonymous feed back to let the writer know if his attempt was appreciated, or if he laid another egg.   ;D

verenaerin

Quote from: Landless Laborer on January 30, 2014, 11:13:03 AM
I'm with Penny.  Where does it end?  Do we need a joke font too?

Some do.

Bada bum ching!

Thanks people, I'm here all night!/s

LouisIX

I can't read the font anyway.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Gardener

Quote from: LouisIX on January 30, 2014, 05:44:19 PM
I can't read the font anyway.

Pull your hair out of your eyes, hippie.

;D
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney