We're BACK!

Started by Kaesekopf, January 15, 2014, 08:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrie

Yes, what does DDOS'ed mean? 

Also, lol at the Masons.  I was thinking perhaps lavender mafia.
Also known as 2Vermont in case you were wondering :-)

Dextimus

Quote from: Petrie on January 16, 2014, 03:12:47 PM
Yes, what does DDOS'ed mean? 

Distributed Denial of Service. Imagine e.g. the train information booth engaged with 200 people just saying simultaneously 'Hello' you have to respond, but not asking for a timetable.
Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests behave like priests, your bishops, like bishops, and your religious like religious. (Ven. Peter John Fulton Sheen)

Spooky

Well, I was glad it was back.  :leaving:

Sbyvl36

My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Geremia

Quote from: Petrie on January 16, 2014, 03:12:47 PMYes, what does DDOS'ed mean? 
Distributed Denial of Service (attack).
Basically, people from all over the world coordinate to access a certain webserver all at the same time, overloading it with requests.
Vatican.va was DDoS-attacked about a year ago; Anonymous took them down for about 3 hours... and I was trying to access Vatican.va then, too!

Dextimus

Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests behave like priests, your bishops, like bishops, and your religious like religious. (Ven. Peter John Fulton Sheen)

Kaesekopf

I think just a slow server. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Dextimus

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 24, 2014, 10:37:13 AM
I think just a slow server.

Slow server should at least send ACK to my SYN :)