membership levels

Started by Melkite, September 01, 2013, 11:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

No matter how many posts I make, I will always be a princess.  :tongue:
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

MilesChristi

Emperor should probably be Admin, and Kings would be the mods, everyone else aspires to the other ranks
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

OCLittleFlower

I like the idea of having the ranks require a bit of a high post count.  As the forum ages, the post counts will go up, and it wouldn't be all that fun for long time members to start at the highest non-moderator level and never enjoy the fun.   :tongue:
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on September 02, 2013, 02:18:15 PM
I concur. Some of us "Associate Trads" are nervous of being banned.. again and again.
For reasons that defy belief: Like pointing flat-out insults toward the pope from moderators of this forum who declare the pope to be "canonically equivalent to the burger flipper @ a fast food place".
Not much consistency with the position of the moderation staff in regards to this forum' alleged official position regarding the pope and regarding modesty. Mods should be in-line with the forums position and not "zone out" and start with rogue positions and ban members who take issue with them.

Moderators who post music covers which have scantily clad women plastered on them, rap music, black gang music (if you can call it that),  and then turn around and ban members for asking their peers questions regarding their sexual orientation is highly hypocritical. Implying that Voxxpop vouches for immodesty in dress is absurd.  Banning new members for asking questions regarding bans and pointing out moderators decisions is a bit puerile.
Cleaning house is in order. But its up to the owner.
Good luck.

Like Basilos quoted: "Ain't nobody got time for that".

May God bless you all.

Gott mit uns.

I know that in spite of your ban, you'll find a way to read this message. You may even make another dummy account, which will be, number four, including the Tapatio one?

When it comes down to it, if liking rap music is my mortal sin or vice, so be it. The last time I checked, none of the popes wrote an encylical condemning rap music. No rapper ever threw Catholics in concentration camps. None ever tried to kill Pius XII. So, with liking rap on one hand, and being a Jew-obsessed Nazi lover on the other, I'll take the former happily and with a clear conscience.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LouisIX

Quote from: trentcath on September 02, 2013, 05:29:01 AM
Quote from: Archer on September 02, 2013, 04:25:00 AM
Quote from: Othmar on September 02, 2013, 03:54:30 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 01, 2013, 11:36:46 PM
We discussed informally a new system of names, but wanted to shy away from clerical positions/titles to not make light/fun of the religious states of life.
Titles of nobility, military ranks, ...

This.  Or page, squire, knight, etc. for men.

Titles of nobility get's my vote!

And mine, as well.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.