Announcement - Please Read

Started by Kaesekopf, December 31, 2012, 01:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Dear forum guests, lurkers, posters, and passers-by,

Over the past three days, a number of items have arisen that I must now address - to remain silent on them, I think, is detrimental to the future and success of this forum.

First, I want to thank you all for coming here, registering, and posting.  We have quite the community!  We are averaging close to 500 posts a day and our page views are continually rising day after day.  This is good growth.  I hope we can maintain and stabilize this once the initial spike of traffic and general curiosity of the forum drops.  I have a few plans in the works to continually increase Suscipe Domine's Internet presence, and I will be rolling those out as time moves along.  I am rather excited for the future and I hope you are as well!

Second, this forum has been "in the works" for a few months now.  SD was not founded in spite of, to oppose, to attack, or to otherwise be a detriment to (through words or actions) other Internet fora.  My intent for founding Suscipe Domine is to provide a place where Catholics can come to discuss traditional Catholicism, to learn and grow spiritually, and to create an Internet traditional Catholic community.  That SD has taken a connotation of anything other than that saddens me and cheapens my work on this forum and the future plans for it.  I have put forth my hard-earned money to acquire a domain name and decent webhosting.  I have put a bit of time into this forum and in making it work and be ready for success.  As stated above, I have high hopes for this forum. 

Third, this community is open to anyone.  Whether you are a practicing traditional Catholic, whether you've been away from the Church for 20 years, or whether you're a practicing High Church Protestant, you are welcome here, so long as you obey the rules.  The rules can be found in this subforum if you have not already read them. 

Fourth, since it seems to have been an issue, I have not instructed anyone to promote SD on any particular forum.  I said two things in relation to the promotion of SD.  They are these:
1)  Feel free to promote/publish/sing the songs of Suscipe Domine.  This was sent to a friend.
2)  Feel free to advertise the existence of this forum to your friends (or enemies!).  This was in the first post I made on the forum.
I wish everyone would extend charity to all, not just to those with whom they agree.

Fifth, I will be appointing a team of moderators in the future as this board grows.  I will be instructing them to keep tabs on the forum and watch out for rule-breaking (they will also be around for watching out for spammers, if that becomes an issue).  For the immediate future, the power to ban posters will remain my prerogative.  They can (and should) recommend posters to me for banning/warning/etc.  This will become more clarified and defined as time goes on and issues arise.  The rules are sufficient for guidelines, I think.  And I think it goes without saying that the rules are clearly not all on the same level of each other.  For example, posting in a foreign language is clearly not as ban-worthy as posting blasphemy. 

A few additional rules:

• Please do not use Suscipe Domine to bash other Internet fora.
  • Please take any guesses as to who a forum poster might be to ONLY the Coffee and Donuts subforum.  We do not need to derail our threads with sidetracks of "Are you X, Y, or Z?"  If you are wondering, PM the member to find out, or have a guessing game in the C&D subforum.  This should keep our threads a bit more on track.  :)
  • Do not pretend to be another living person.  I am saddened this has to be an explicit rule.
  • Rule 1) "All posters must be cordial and charitable to fellow posters" is now amended to read as such:  "All posters must be cordial and charitable to fellow posters and non-posters.  Charity above all."  We're all Catholic, we're all on the same "side."  We can keep it civil.  Or at least try to.

Thank you,
Kaesekopf
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

Hat And Beard

Sorry for the confusion! I'm not really Thelonious Monk(although he's dead, I'm pretty sure).

dust

"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Mithrandylan

QuoteDo not pretend to be another living person.

Let the record show that I am Tupac Shakur.

Carry on.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Katyn

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 31, 2012, 01:04:03 PM
or whether you're a practicing High Church Protestant

Is this a veiled reference to me?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

Yes, EG, but in a flattering way.  I was trying to be funny.  :)

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 01, 2013, 06:52:48 AM

I'm thinking about changing my username. Would it be possible?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Evangelium Gratiæ on January 01, 2013, 07:01:37 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 01, 2013, 06:52:48 AM

I'm thinking about changing my username. Would it be possible?

Yes it is possible, however I will ask users to not change their names routinely. 

EcceQuamBonum

1)  Feel free to promote/publish/sing the songs of Suscipe Domine.  This was sent to a friend.

We have songs?!? 

I hope they're suitably rousing.    8)

"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 01, 2013, 10:00:46 PM

We have songs?!? 

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fMHms5Cvsw[/yt]

totiusque

"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 01, 2013, 10:11:53 PM
Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 01, 2013, 10:00:46 PM

We have songs?!? 

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fMHms5Cvsw[/yt]

Excellent.  Let the chanting commence.
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 01, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Excellent.  Let the chanting commence.

Maybe another thread...this is an announcement thread.

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=360.0