Banned For Lent thread

Started by Gardener, February 07, 2016, 11:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: Miriam_M on February 07, 2016, 10:29:29 PM
Far be it from me to deprive others of the penance endured from reading my posts.   ;D

In any case, that's how I cleverly rationalize staying on forums during Lent.
yeah plus if everyone leaves for lent this place would be mad boring :)
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Penelope

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 07, 2016, 10:38:18 PM
Far be it from me to deprive others of the penance endured from reading my posts.   ;D

Honestly, it always does get a touch easier to moderate during Lent. We notice it every year. Fewer active users means fewer personality clashes. "Boring" might be one word for it; "respite" might be another. Ah, my Lenten respite. Doesn't quite sound penitential, I know.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Penelope on February 07, 2016, 11:20:55 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on February 07, 2016, 10:38:18 PM

Honestly, it always does get a touch easier to moderate during Lent. We notice it every year. Fewer active users means fewer personality clashes. "Boring" might be one word for it; "respite" might be another. Ah, my Lenten respite. Doesn't quite sound penitential, I know.
I'll have to make sure to start plenty of predestination threads for sedevacantist NFP couples or "should geocentrist wear pants" threads
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Penelope

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Penelope on February 07, 2016, 11:20:55 PM

Y'know, an oft-overlooked feature of going into the desert is that there's no one around to bother you...

;)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

I'd be holy if I lived alone...  ::)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Lynne on February 08, 2016, 09:47:20 AM

That only works some of the time for me.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 08, 2016, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: Lynne on February 08, 2016, 09:47:20 AM

That only works some of the time for me.

Ditto! I think I'm my own worst enemy  :-\.

Chestertonian

i find it more penitantial to be around others 24/7 i fantasize about solitude in an "undisclosed location" the way some men fantasize about imaginary women

need to figure out a way to go live in a cave in the middle of nowhere

if osama bin laden could do it on dialysis I'm sure it's doable

red solo cup

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 08, 2016, 05:29:41 PM
i find it more penitantial to be around others 24/7 i fantasize about solitude in an "undisclosed location" the way some men fantasize about imaginary women

need to figure out a way to go live in a cave in the middle of nowhere

if osama bin laden could do it on dialysis I'm sure it's doable
C'mon Ches. Everyone knows that Obama flew out to Tora Bora weekly to personally administer bin Ladin's dialysis. When he was able to take time out from training every ISIS member and doing tons of blow.
non impediti ratione cogitationis