Hi From New England

Started by bilbobaggins, October 20, 2021, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilbobaggins

I am a Christian and I look forward to learning about traditinal Catholicism.

Melkor

Hiya Bilbo! When you convert to Catholicism make sure to mention me in the credits  ;) :pray1:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

bilbobaggins

Quote from: Melkor on October 20, 2021, 01:30:26 PM
Hiya Bilbo! When you convert to Catholicism make sure to mention me in the credits  ;) :pray1:

I would never give credit to some who has taken on Melkor as a name >:(. Perhaps, I can forgive you since I love your signature quotes.

Melkor

Quote from: bilbobaggins on October 20, 2021, 01:47:39 PM

I would never give credit to some who has taken on Melkor as a name >:(. Perhaps, I can forgive you since I love your signature quotes.

Fair enough, but while on the topic what did Bauglir do to Bilbo?

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

bilbobaggins

Quote from: Melkor on October 20, 2021, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: bilbobaggins on October 20, 2021, 01:47:39 PM

Fair enough, but while on the topic what did Bauglir do to Bilbo?

The whole causing the fall, corrupting Arda, corrupting men, rebelling against the one, corrupting angels [balrogs] and the like. Sauron carried on the work and his ring caused Bilbo no small amount of discontentment.

bilbobaggins

I was looking at your interest and we seem to enjoy all the same stuff.

Melkor

Quote from: bilbobaggins on October 20, 2021, 02:44:14 PM

What kind of video games do you enjoy? Favourite fish species to target?

bilbobaggins

Quote from: Melkor on October 20, 2021, 02:45:37 PM

Fish- bass and trout.

video games- Grand strategy games like total war or historical games. I still hold out hope for a Tolkien total war.

Melkor

Quote from: bilbobaggins on October 20, 2021, 02:51:03 PM

Fish- bass and trout.

video games- Grand strategy games like total war or historical games. I still hold out hope for a Tolkien total war.

I like bass too, but big nasty pike are my favourite. Isn't there a Total War mod that is LoTR based?

bilbobaggins

Quote from: Melkor on October 20, 2021, 02:52:28 PM

Fish- bass and trout.

I like bass too, but big nasty pike are my favourite. Isn't there a Total War mod that is LoTR based?

I have yet to catch a pike and i am embarrassed about sharing it.

Yeah, third age was and is a great mod. But it still cannot match what a game could do. I do play the board game war of the ring to feed my tolkien strategy hunger.

Melkor

I haven't caught a trout yet lol. I am playing a LoTR deck building game (Fantasy Flight) with my friend currently. Have you played Gloomhaven?

red solo cup

Quote from: Melkor on October 20, 2021, 02:57:58 PM
I haven't caught a trout yet lol. I am playing a LoTR deck building game (Fantasy Flight) with my friend currently. Have you played Gloomhaven?

non impediti ratione cogitationis

bilbobaggins

I have not. Perhaps you could send a link my way?

bilbobaggins

Quote from: red solo cup on October 20, 2021, 02:58:32 PM
http://www.themaineoutdoorsman.com/2020/02/northern-pike-scourge-of-maine.html

Go for it.

That is a beast.

red solo cup

Quote from: bilbobaggins on October 20, 2021, 02:55:45 PM
Quote from: Melkor on October 20, 2021, 02:52:28 PM

Fish- bass and trout.

I have yet to catch a pike and i am embarrassed about sharing it.

Yeah, third age was and is a great mod. But it still cannot match what a game could do. I do play the board game war of the ring to feed my tolkien strategy hunger.
non impediti ratione cogitationis