Pilgrim Flavors

Started by Vetus Ordo, September 19, 2021, 04:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 25, 2021, 09:06:33 AM
Queijadas de Sintra.

Small tarts that are prepared using cheese, eggs, milk and powdered sugar.

These were my favorite. Unfortunately the photo doesn't do them justice. One in the back is upside down! :D

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 25, 2021, 09:06:33 AM
Queijadas de Sintra.

Small tarts that are prepared using cheese, eggs, milk and powdered sugar.

The Queijadas de Sintra look yummy! ;D Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup: More please! ;D :cheeseheadbeer:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 24, 2021, 10:23:12 PM
Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 24, 2021, 08:07:44 PM
Quote from: Optatus on September 24, 2021, 04:41:24 PM
Good grief, these images of cod are killing me, but if you're to tell me that not one nata was eaten between the two of you this entire pilgrimage then I can only say that St. Nun'Alvares Pereira weeps in some corner of paradise.

Dear Optatus:seeya:

You are right, if it makes you feel better, the images of Cod are killing me as well!  :-[ ;D
It looks so good!!YUM!! :cheeseheadbeer: I also love cod!
And I am also looking forward to pictures of nata as well. I do not want any tears here ;)  Like I mentioned before, we should join them next year!! ;D :cheeseheadbeer:
What say you? ;D

You are all welcome any time! :thumbsup:

Thank you, for your kindness, FLEUR!! :thumbsup: I appreciate it! Need to get packing!  ;)
God Bless!  :pray3:

Vetus Ordo

Egg custard tart pastries in Mafra.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 27, 2021, 12:45:22 PM

The famous pastéis de nata! We thought of you, Optatus.  :D

Vetus Ordo

Traditional Brazilian restaurant experience.

A couple of caipirinhas followed by the famous feijoada à brasileira, a stew of beans with beef and pork, and a typical dish from Bahia called xinxim de galinha, a chicken stew with coconut milk.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Optatus

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 27, 2021, 03:09:36 PM

There they are, in all their custardy glory. If that doesn't uplift the poor pilgrim on his way then surely nothing will. I'm half convinced that the poor pilgrims on their way to Santiago were truly just after the natas. Poor St. James was an afterthought.

Christe Eleison

I only see 2 small ones, not enough....
What about me?  :-\ Only for Optatus? I also luv egg custards, pastéis de nata, desserts in general! ;)  ;D

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 28, 2021, 04:35:09 PM

What about me?  :-\ Only for Optatus? I also luv egg custards, pastéis de nata, desserts in general! ;)  ;D

These were just the first of many. There are more to come.  :)

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the desserts at the Brazilian restaurant - quindim, a coconut custard, and pudim de maracujá, passion fruit pudding. I blame the caipirinhas, which were also the first of many.  :D

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 28, 2021, 05:16:08 AM
Traditional Brazilian restaurant experience.

A couple of caipirinhas followed by the famous feijoada à brasileira, a stew of beans with beef and pork, and a typical dish from Bahia called xinxim de galinha, a chicken stew with coconut milk.

Thanks for this yummy picture, VETUS :thumbsup:
Everything looks delicious!
Do I see pão de queijo in this picture?  ;D Notice how I
run toward breads & desserts 1st  :laugh:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 28, 2021, 06:48:30 PM
Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 28, 2021, 04:35:09 PM

These were just the first of many. There are more to come.  :)

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the desserts at the Brazilian restaurant - quindim, a coconut custard, and pudim de maracujá, passion fruit pudding. I blame the caipirinhas, which were also the first of many.  :D

You mean to tell me, you did not take a picture of the  pudim de maracujá/passion fruit pudding?  :-\ I LUV passion fruits & all of its cousins! ;D
Well, I also LUV every form of custard, so a coconut custard would also be lovely! ;)

Now, which passion fruit did they use, the sweet one in an orange shell (Granadilla)
or the yellow one that is tangy/tart one, yellow on the outside ? 
Either one is fine in my book. ;D

Vetus Ordo

Christe Eleison

If you don't have "Dona Benta"'s Cookbook, I highly recommend it. And you if are able to buy it over there, since FLEUR loves cookbooks. That is an indispensable purchase! ;)
It is really thick with lots of delicious recipes. It was given to me when I visited Brazil.
It was a hard copy. Sadly, when I arrived in the States, it was not in my suitcase :-\
And I have never been able to buy it on Amazon. Very difficult to find....
Sorry for the derail, but since we are looking at yummy Brazilian treats ;) I figure that it is ok to mention this.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 28, 2021, 07:17:41 PM

You mean to tell me, you did not take a picture of the  pudim de maracujá/passion fruit pudding?  :-\ I LUV passion fruits & all of its cousins! ;D
Well, I also LUV every form of custard, so a coconut custard would also be lovely! ;)

Now, which passion fruit did they use, the sweet one in an orange shell (Granadilla)
or the yellow one that is tangy/tart one, yellow on the outside ? 
Either one is fine in my book. ;D

It was the tart kind that Vetus likes so much. I'm happier with the quindim.

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 28, 2021, 07:36:52 PM
If you don't have "Dona Benta"'s Cookbook, I highly recommend it. And you if are able to buy it over there, since FLEUR loves cookbooks. That is an indispensable purchase! ;)
It is really thick with lots of delicious recipes. It was given to me when I visited Brazil.
It was a hard copy. Sadly, when I arrived in the States, it was not in my suitcase :-\
Sorry for the derail, but since we are looking at yummy Brazilian treats ;) I figure that it is ok to mention this.

Yes, I do love cookbooks! Thank you for the recommendation. I will have to look for this one.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 28, 2021, 09:08:29 PM
Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 28, 2021, 07:36:52 PM

Yes, I do love cookbooks! Thank you for the recommendation. I will have to look for this one.

Is this it?