Res Publica Christiana

Started by red solo cup, December 03, 2020, 07:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

Did anyone else get an invitation to this forum? Any info on it?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Miriam_M

Lynne

Yes, and if you put someone on ignore, you'll no longer get pm's from them.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Miriam_M

I'm guessing that everybody recently active on this forum was invited.

Heinrich

Quote from: Miriam_M on December 03, 2020, 02:04:17 PM

This might be a Vetus Ordo operation. Surprised he hasn't invited me. Or even offered moderating privileges.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Kephapaulos

What happened to the Res Publica Christiana forum? It has not been coming up for the past few weeks it seems.

dellery

Quote from: Heinrich on December 03, 2020, 03:57:53 PM

This might be a Vetus Ordo operation. Surprised he hasn't invited me. Or even offered moderating privileges.

If it comes back up, I dare you to join.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Heinrich

Quote from: dellery on February 09, 2021, 10:10:44 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on December 03, 2020, 03:57:53 PM

If it comes back up, I dare you to join.

This sounds antagonistic, zhilaohu. How would my membership make the world a better place?
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dellery

Quote from: Heinrich on February 10, 2021, 06:48:36 AM
This sounds antagonistic, zhilaohu. How would my membership make the world a better place?

Astonishing, Heinrich. I never knew your posts had such lofty intentions.

This is like that part in a movie when you find out the abrasive jerk of a character actually has an injured heart of gold and attempts to heal people with adversary.

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Mono no aware

It had to have been a robo-mailing, because I got one too.  Her Res Publica Christiana site will be dedicated to promoting "the Church and Christian civilization," and she told me "you're just the sort of person we're looking for" and "I really enjoy your posts."  When all I tend to post is variations on Nietzsche and Hume.

Heinrich

Quote from: dellery on February 10, 2021, 07:22:34 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 10, 2021, 06:48:36 AM

Astonishing, Heinrich. I never knew your posts had such lofty intentions.

This is like that part in a movie when you find out the abrasive jerk of a character actually has an injured heart of gold and attempts to heal people with adversary.

I will not take you seriously as a fighter/commando/soldier until you can lay out your formal, informal, practical, and hobby martial formation. For example, are you able to cover 3km with 30 pounds in <15 minutes and form 1 inch groups at 100 yards? If yes, great. How did you learn that? Are you able to engage an assailant empty hand and disarm and permanently disable him? If so, great. How did you learn it? Your posting history alludes to these lofty potentialities, but you have never shared why we should listen to you. Why?