Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: ServusMariae on April 16, 2018, 10:31:56 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 16, 2018, 09:15:04 AM
The only time I want to stab people is when speaking to customer service coming out of India. For the most part they are fairly good at their job, but the desire to kill comes in when I get someone who has such a thick accent that I can't understand them and have to ask them to speak slowly and repeat EVERYTHING! Poor things, just trying to make a buck.

oh Indians ... their accents can clash with Americans & Asians, yet they are the valuable people at the other end of the phone every time I call up technical support for Internet issues. I cannot agree more of how their accents can be heavily bad to the point no one can figure out what they're saying, but the right way to deal with them is not to stab them, but to listen to them with perseverance & patience.  :pray3:

Yep. P&P. Something I could use more of. Though I am never rude, when asking for help. But when tech support contacts me, though I may not be rude, I do tell them no, I don't need support, but I could use some help getting the sheeps head out of my fence, or ask them how they make their pilaf, or felafals.  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 16, 2018, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: ServusMariae on April 16, 2018, 10:31:56 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 16, 2018, 09:15:04 AM
The only time I want to stab people is when speaking to customer service coming out of India. For the most part they are fairly good at their job, but the desire to kill comes in when I get someone who has such a thick accent that I can't understand them and have to ask them to speak slowly and repeat EVERYTHING! Poor things, just trying to make a buck.

oh Indians ... their accents can clash with Americans & Asians, yet they are the valuable people at the other end of the phone every time I call up technical support for Internet issues. I cannot agree more of how their accents can be heavily bad to the point no one can figure out what they're saying, but the right way to deal with them is not to stab them, but to listen to them with perseverance & patience.  :pray3:

Yep. P&P. Something I could use more of. Though I am never rude, when asking for help. But when tech support contacts me, though I may not be rude, I do tell them no, I don't need support, but I could use some help getting the speeds head out of my fence, or ask them how they make their pilaf, or felafals.  ;)

If it's too bad, just ask to speak to someone else.  Sometimes you have to go through 2 or 3 which may have to include their supervisor.  If I end up with a supervisor I always explain that it is not that anything was done wrong, I just couldn't understand them.  That way no one gets into trouble.  Maybe sent to American Accent classes again.  I often wonder if I were to call them, trying to speak Indian or whatever it is that they speak, would they get annoyed with my accent.  I don't have an accent, but maybe if I was trying to speak Indian, I would.   :shrug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Non Nobis

Woke up this morning and the water wouldn't go on to wash my hands (fortunately there was enough water to flush the toilet once). On my front door was a notice about the emergency shut off (surprise!); one condo unit in the building loses water and the  whole building does.  So no shower today and I feel yucky. I hate it when this happens.

Maybe the worst thing was that I couldn't make a pot of coffee. The "big news" is that I finally bought a coffee maker and am making "real" coffee and not instant.  It is better, isn't it?  :) It's just a 4 cup (5 oz) maker, enough for 2 reasonable size mugs, but that OUGHT to be enough for me!

---
I'm not as good as understanding people with other accents as I wish I were.  I have problems with customer service people too.  Or job recruiters (when I was looking for a job), who also are often Indian (at least in my field).

Maybe I am rude on the phone... even with pro-life groups I tend to hurriedly say "I really support you, but honestly don't have time right now! God bless you!"... and then hang up.  I figure further talk would not be to their benefit anyway. But although I'd like to think I'm just being frank, maybe I am being rude.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on April 16, 2018, 05:00:41 PM
Woke up this morning and the water wouldn't go on to wash my hands (fortunately there was enough water to flush the toilet once). On my front door was a notice about the emergency shut off (surprise!); one condo unit in the building loses water and the  whole building does.  So no shower today and I feel yucky. I hate it when this happens.

Maybe the worst thing was that I couldn't make a pot of coffee. The "big news" is that I finally bought a coffee maker and am making "real" coffee and not instant.  It is better, isn't it?  :) It's just a 4 cup (5 oz) maker, enough for 2 reasonable size mugs, but that OUGHT to be enough for me!

---
I'm not as good as understanding people with other accents as I wish I were.  I have problems with customer service people too.  Or job recruiters (when I was looking for a job), who also are often Indian (at least in my field).

Maybe I am rude on the phone... even with pro-life groups I tend to hurriedly say "I really support you, but honestly don't have time right now! God bless you!"... and then hang up.  I figure further talk would not be to their benefit anyway. But although I'd like to think I'm just being frank, maybe I am being rude.

Most likely you are NOT being rude, Non. If what you say is not generally offensive you're not being rude.  We owe no one our time except those we agree to spend time with. Spontaneous calls do not qualify as those we OWE  our time to. It irritates me when call center employees do not remember the name of who they have just called. You can tell, with their pause while they go back to consult their list. They are not calling ME. They are calling whoever is next on their list. I owe them nothing, but courtesy. Which I give, but not a large ration. I figure the quicker I respond in the negative, the quicker they can get on to their next call.   :lol:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Mornin" all.  Busily Helping youngest DD figure out her class needs to graduate from Community College next year.  And filling out boatloads of paperwork for Special Circumstances Financial Aid.  My two youngest are in two different colleges so double the paperwork.  YUK.  But hopefully, it will all work out in the end.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on April 17, 2018, 09:56:35 AM

Mornin" all.  Busily Helping youngest DD figure out her class needs to graduate from Community College next year.  And filling out boatloads of paperwork for Special Circumstances Financial Aid.  My two youngest are in two different colleges so double the paperwork.  YUK.  But hopefully, it will all work out in the end.

Orate, I know that headache...yuk is right. But guess what? I have one daughter that is excellent at wading through financial aid, veterans administration paperwork for benefits for students of disabled vets, every thing associated with finance and classes. Want student aide? Go to Katie. I was never good at this stuff, but give her a mile long list of BS, due tomorrow,, and she'll have it all sorted out and everyhing sent in on time. She had no idea she was good at that stuff until she herself had to do it for herself. She surprised herself. It's a gift I guess. They should hold classes teaching how to wade through redtape. Good luck to you and kids.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 17, 2018, 08:49:12 PM

Orate, I know that headache...yuk is right. But guess what? I have one daughter that is excellent at wading through financial aid, veterans administration paperwork for benefits for students of disabled vets, every thing associated with finance and classes. Want student aide? Go to Katie. I was never good at this stuff, but give her a mile long list of BS, due tomorrow,, and she'll have it all sorted out and everyhing sent in on time. She had no idea she was good at that stuff until she herself had to do it for herself. She surprised herself. It's a gift I guess. They should hold classes teaching how to wade through redtape. Good luck to you and kids.

Actually, I'm very good at it, too.  I just don't like to do it.

DD #2 says that one of my main talents is that I'm good at getting "stuff" done!  Only she used another "s" word for stuff.  ;)
It's a running joke around here, but it's no joke.  I am good at it...just don't always like to do it. LOL
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Good morning everyone! I'm up I'm breathing I live. How about you?

Orate, I am NOT good at anything but paying bills. I'll get the bills paid. That's about as complicated as I do. I have handled all the bills for the last 22 years. At least I have a good grasp on what needs to be paid and when. Can't remember last time I paid a late fee. Oh, yes, after stroke, I wasn't home to get things paid. Then too scrambled in the head to do anything but work on putting one foot in front of the other. Then, a month later I was right back paying all the bills and managing the money going out. I don't tell hubby how to spend, I just make sure I have enough to pay my bills. Then, he can do what he wants. He started doing the shopping after my aneurysm. I love that he does, but he can hardly go to the store without spending 100 dollars. He has great respect now for my restraint when I did do the shopping. I rarely indulged cravings while shopping. When hubby started shopping the things he would bring into the house, special coffees, special wines, special shaving stuff, vitamins, bandages, lol. I would stick to ordinary stuff.

orate

Needed this today.  Spent too much time getting flustered over kids' health insurance (getting "stuff" done).  Time to step back and just let it go and do nothing.  'Cept pray, of course!  All in God's hands anyhow.

R.I.P. Barbara Bush.

dymphna17

Ha!  It's crazy that you all have been talking about being paperwork queens.  I was going to give Hubby the gift of me filing for disability for his birthday.  That was 8 days ago...  :-\
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 18, 2018, 11:16:39 AM
Ha!  It's crazy that you all have been talking about being paperwork queens.  I was going to give Hubby the gift of me filing for disability for his birthday.  That was 8 days ago...  :-\

Oh, do it Dymphna! My husband spent an hour with a great guy, on the phone, at social security, and this guy set EVERYTHING up for us. He even told us about extra we could get because we had a 14 year old at the time. But disability is much harder to get, so you can help with that. It gets somewhat tedious and takes a long while to get a decision. Your support will be essential to his follow through. Good girl!

Carleendiane

Oh!!!! Forgot! Good morning! Sun is shining. Should start warming up here. It's a beautiful morning.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 19, 2018, 06:55:40 AM
It's a beautiful morning.

[yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqjlFGZxtE[/yt]

Now I won't be able to get this song out of my head all day! ;)

orate

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on April 20, 2018, 07:31:03 AM

Good Morning, Orate!!! Polar bears make me cold, Orate. How about a nice tropical animal. It's cold here, but is going to warm up. Getting a slow start. Gonna have to kick in because at this rate I may not get dinner made tonight! How you get way more done than it looks like I will. Morning is half gone!