Author Topic: Chapelle Royale - End of Restoration  (Read 537 times)

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
Chapelle Royale - End of Restoration
« on: June 06, 2021, 11:34:04 AM »

A look back at the restoration of the Royal Chapel of Versailles.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: diaduit, Fleur-de-Lys, Christe Eleison

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Chapelle Royale - End of Restoration
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:10:34 PM »
The Chapelle Royale had its own liturgical use which gave the King the role of a visiting bishop. Given that the French coronation had a very sacerdotal character, it is fitting.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The following users thanked this post: Vetus Ordo, aquinas138, Fleur-de-Lys, Christe Eleison

Offline Vetus Ordo

• Feldwebel
  • Hopeful Fatalist
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 09:50:52 PM »
The Chapelle Royale had its own liturgical use which gave the King the role of a visiting bishop. Given that the French coronation had a very sacerdotal character, it is fitting.

That's a great article. I had no idea of the intricacies of the liturgical use of the Chapelle Royale.

Thanks for sharing it, Prayerful.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

The following users thanked this post: Prayerful, Fleur-de-Lys, Christe Eleison

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 05:06:10 AM »
Why did the craftsmen rub the gilded gold paper on their face, did I see two of them doing that?

Beautiful...two places I always wanted to see....Versailles and the Winter Palace

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 10:27:16 PM »

A look back at the restoration of the Royal Chapel of Versailles.

Beautiful video to look & listen to. I love the sound of the French language.
Thank you, Vetus Ordo. I really enjoyed watching this.

I pray that I can visit this one day.

The following users thanked this post: Fleur-de-Lys

Offline Christe Eleison

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 12:06:26 AM »

I enjoyed this, Prayerful.
Thank you!  :)

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 12:22:51 PM »
I remember my visit to Versailles; what an impressive place; the size of the building and grounds was enormous; the Chapel was the most beautiful part of the palace a real jewel. The "Petit Trianon" was Marie Antoinette's favorite spot on the whole grounds; she loved to go there and spend time with her family in the small house. Louis XV was dying of small pox in the Grand Trianon, surrounded by his mistress and people who did not want to see him receive the last sacraments; his three daughters came and carried him away back to the palace, where under the direction of his confessor, he dismissed his mistress, went to Confession, received the last sacraments and died reconciled to the Church; thanks probably to all the prayers of his daughters, especially his daughter the Carmelite nun
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

The following users thanked this post: Vetus Ordo, Lynne, diaduit, Christe Eleison