Russell Brand is getting Baptised Catholic!

Started by diaduit, May 01, 2024, 03:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

dueSicilie

According to YouTube, and a quick google search, he already underwent baptism in the Thames.

TradGranny

To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

drummerboy

Quote from: TradGranny on May 02, 2024, 11:36:14 AMNot Catholic but Protestant.

I thought a river baptism was rather un-Catholic myself.  But he prays the Rosary?  An odd blend he's got going on, hopefully he reaches the correct destination eventually
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on May 02, 2024, 12:54:02 PM

I thought a river baptism was rather un-Catholic myself.  But he prays the Rosary?  An odd blend he's got going on, hopefully he reaches the correct destination eventually

He was playing with tarot cards recently too. He's a lost soul looking for answers. Hopefully he answers the call of grace, but he's far from a Catholic convert at this point
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dueSicilie

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 02, 2024, 01:05:06 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on May 02, 2024, 12:54:02 PM

He was playing with tarot cards recently too. He's a lost soul looking for answers. Hopefully he answers the call of grace, but he's far from a Catholic convert at this point

To be fair tarot cards are not inherently evil. They are from an old European card game. What he was doing with them I dunno though.

josh987654321

Want to be careful too as some of them do the whole "We" baptize you rather than "I" baptize you, and the former being invalid.

Nevertheless, it's still a positive development and if he stick with the Rosary, hopefully he can make it the rest of the way.

"Our Lady of Victory, Ark of the New Covenant, Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate, Pray for us."

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

josh987654321

Quote from: dueSicilie on May 02, 2024, 06:21:26 PMTo be fair tarot cards are not inherently evil.

To be even fairer, knowing what we know, you just would not ever go near them, no matter how 'benign' they are presented to us because we know better and the devil is very cunning with a superior intellect than us. 

God Bless

"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

TradGranny

Quote from: dueSicilie on May 02, 2024, 06:21:26 PMTo be fair tarot cards are not inherently evil. They are from an old European card game. What he was doing with them I dunno though.

This is from Amazon:

Occult Tarot Cards – April 1, 2020
by Travis McHenry (Author)
4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,603 ratings
4.3 on Goodreads 62 ratings | 189 Want to Read
See all formats and editions

How can we possibly embrace our truest self if we never step into the dark?

Author and occultist Travis McHenry reveals the secret daemons of the 17th-century and conjures their powers into this unique set of 78-divination cards.

Drawing on daemons, symbols, and sigils from ancient magickal grimoires including Archidoxis Magica and the Key of Solomon, Occult Tarot presents a fully realized divination tool to finally embrace and behold the mysteries of the night.

The first tarot deck to faithfully adhere to the Solomonic principles of demon conjuration, Occult Tarot allows practitioners to discover the power of ancient demons and learn to tame the beasts that wander between the physical and spiritual worlds.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

dueSicilie

Quote from: TradGranny on May 03, 2024, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: dueSicilie on May 02, 2024, 06:21:26 PMTo be fair tarot cards are not inherently evil. They are from an old European card game. What he was doing with them I dunno though.

This is from Amazon:

Occult Tarot Cards – April 1, 2020
by Travis McHenry (Author)
4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,603 ratings
4.3 on Goodreads 62 ratings | 189 Want to Read
See all formats and editions

How can we possibly embrace our truest self if we never step into the dark?

Author and occultist Travis McHenry reveals the secret daemons of the 17th-century and conjures their powers into this unique set of 78-divination cards.

Drawing on daemons, symbols, and sigils from ancient magickal grimoires including Archidoxis Magica and the Key of Solomon, Occult Tarot presents a fully realized divination tool to finally embrace and behold the mysteries of the night.

The first tarot deck to faithfully adhere to the Solomonic principles of demon conjuration, Occult Tarot allows practitioners to discover the power of ancient demons and learn to tame the beasts that wander between the physical and spiritual worlds.

And you can also get a different deck and pretend to be a 15th century Venetian patrician.

josh987654321

Quote from: dueSicilie on May 03, 2024, 01:11:20 PMAnd you can also get a different deck and pretend to be a 15th century Venetian patrician.

Who's fooling who then? We know they're dangerous, so we should just stay right away from such things IMO. Why pretend to be a 15th century Venetian patrician into weirdo and very questionable stuff anyway?

Similar thing happens with stuff like 'palm reading' which is very questionable and often presented as harmless fun... but it's divination very much open to demonic oppression IMO. 

God Bless

dueSicilie

Quote from: josh987654321 on May 05, 2024, 08:48:15 AM
Quote from: dueSicilie on May 03, 2024, 01:11:20 PMAnd you can also get a different deck and pretend to be a 15th century Venetian patrician.

Who's fooling who then? We know they're dangerous, so we should just stay right away from such things IMO. Why pretend to be a 15th century Venetian patrician into weirdo and very questionable stuff anyway?

Similar thing happens with stuff like 'palm reading' which is very questionable and often presented as harmless fun... but it's divination very much open to demonic oppression IMO. 

God Bless

People use tea leaves to try to divine the future, should one avoid tea?

josh987654321

Quote from: dueSicilie on May 05, 2024, 08:21:56 PMPeople use tea leaves to try to divine the future, should one avoid tea?

Well that's a cup of tea, what's pretending to be some crazy 15th century venetian patrician got to do with anything? lol why even go there? 

Furthermore, the correct analogy would be playing cards, but 'tarot' is a very specific 'type' which involves divination, so we should just stay right away from that 'type' of cards IMO, I would just not go near anything with such a name attached to it.

God Bless