Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

The Professor and the Madman. Really good.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

I See You with Helen Hunt. Not bad. Some pretty good twists in the plot.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kent

Watched an old favorite, Brazil, last night.  Just as good, and just a little bit better, than I remembered.
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

red solo cup

Tried to watch Enemy of the State. Awful.

The Theosist

Greyhound. Not great, but not bad for made-by Netflix/Prime/Apple fare. At least it begins and ends with a man on his knees, bible in hand and praying to God, and actually dares to mention the name "Jesus".

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzxu26-Wqk[/yt]

Heinrich

Quote from: The Theosist on September 01, 2020, 02:18:14 PM
Greyhound. Not great, but not bad for made-by Netflix/Prime/Apple fare. At least it begins and ends with a man on his knees, bible in hand and praying to God, and actually dares to mention the name "Jesus".

Do you think "they" are trying to image T.Hanks? He's been given the accusations of an Epstein-like closet.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The Theosist

Quote from: Heinrich on September 01, 2020, 04:26:44 PM
Quote from: The Theosist on September 01, 2020, 02:18:14 PM

Do you think "they" are trying to image T.Hanks? He's been given the accusations of an Epstein-like closet.

Maybe, but I have no evidence to accuse a man of that. I watched the second part of Mouthy Buddha's series, which dealt with Tom Hanks, and it was unconvincing, particularly the search engine thing. Who knows what's true these days though.

red solo cup

Philip G.

I watched one eyed jacks.  It is a western starring marlon brando.  I enjoyed it. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Bernadette

Children of Heaven, by Majid Majidi. I love slice of life films, and this is one of my favorites. So innocent.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

Kaesekopf

Rewatched Hercules, the Disney film. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Philip G.

I have been watching alfred hitchcock movies.  I have seen two so far.  I just watched "notorious".  And, it was really good.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

red solo cup

Transiberian with Ben Kingsley and Woody Harrelson. Not bad.

Lydia Purpuraria

The Magician (or, The Face, in Swedish)

Some "Woo" and "Skeptics"; skepticism and woos...  :popcorn: