books by Franciscan and Dominican saints

Started by Traditionallyruralmom, November 06, 2018, 07:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionallyruralmom

Hi- I have a member of our US military who is looking for books related to the Franciscan Order, the Dominican Order, and the Ukrainian Church.   He is especially interested in the Saints and their writings.   If you could give me any suggestions along these lines, I would appreciate it very much. 
I ship books to military, and I saw this request that was right up my alley  :)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Traditionallyruralmom on November 06, 2018, 07:36:51 AM
Hi- I have a member of our US military who is looking for books related to the Franciscan Order, the Dominican Order, and the Ukrainian Church.   He is especially interested in the Saints and their writings.   If you could give me any suggestions along these lines, I would appreciate it very much. 
I ship books to military, and I saw this request that was right up my alley  :)

If I don't PM you by Thursday, please PM me. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MundaCorMeum

Gardener, would you recommend those two historical fiction novels for kids, say aged 11-14?

Gardener

Yes, though they might be a little high level for an 11 year old. SMC was a well educated Dominican nun and her writings definitely have layers.

Might consider them for a family, out-loud read so they can ask questions?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe