Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

drummerboy

I got all 4 volumes of Butler's Lives of the Saints, hard cover, at a used library sale for $8 about a year ago.  That was a deal.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Arun

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 30, 2014, 05:05:20 PM

750$ off the shelf
I paid 425$

DeWalt ftw.

my latest good buy was a rashguard exactly the same as an Underarmor one, but without the logo, for under $20. think its even made out of the same place as theirs.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

verenaerin

zork

I'm hoping to buy the complete Twilight Zone (Definitive Edition) DVDs, now that I received my tax refund.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

verenaerin

Quote from: vakarian on April 30, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
I'm hoping to buy the complete Twilight Zone (Definitive Edition) DVDs, now that I received my tax refund.

Mr. T has to watch these by himself. they are too creepy for me, I always get nightmares.

If you have Netflix, they are on there.

Kaesekopf

zork

Quote from: verenaerin on April 30, 2014, 08:53:14 PM

Mr. T has to watch these by himself. they are too creepy for me, I always get nightmares.

If you have Netflix, they are on there.

I love the weird ones the best, but some of them can get kinda preachy ('anti-Semitism is bad'...we know!). In my opinion, TZ is tame. If you want creepy, try out Alfred Hitchcock Presents, which is twisted storytelling minus the sci-fi element. The Outer Limits is okay; I used to LOVE that show in college, but 10 years later, I barely sit through most of them. (Hour-long sci-fi anthologies just don't cut it; you can really tell where they stretch things out just to fill 50 minutes of programming.)

I have seen them on Netflix (my parents have it), but they only have the first 100 episodes. There are 156 total. To quote the Milli Vanilli song, it's a case of "all or nothing".

By the way, I just noticed your baby time-line thingy in your sig. Congratulations to you and your husband and new baby to be!
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

drummerboy

The few episodes of "Behind the Veil" with Boris Karloff are pretty cool too.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

Quote from: vakarian on April 30, 2014, 09:18:42 PM
By the way, I just noticed your baby time-line thingy in your sig. Congratulations to you and your husband and new baby to be!

Oh my goodness, so did I! Congratulations!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"