Home altars

Started by Relicario, March 03, 2016, 05:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Sagradocorazon on March 09, 2017, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on March 09, 2017, 05:12:42 PM
I love that picture of the Blessed Mother, Sagradocorazon.  Thank you for identifying it.
Yes, the picture is beautiful. It was actually the cover for a free booklet I unexpectedly received along with something that I ordered. I tore it off the booklet and cut off the title (hence the slightly curved top). Then I framed it. Here are some more Carlo Dolci paintings:

Madonna in Glory

Virgin at prayer

Blue Madonna (probably my favorite).

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Absolutely beautiful. I love full blown color, but not garish. Can be a thin line, but I can spot garish all day long. Than you for these. The first blows my mind. It is so regal.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Maximilian

Obrien

Quote from: Maximilian on March 10, 2017, 12:18:47 PM
See attached photo.

Beautiful space. Look at all those Rosaries!?! How many children do you have?

Maximilian

Quote from: Obrien on March 10, 2017, 12:20:13 PM
See attached photo.

Beautiful space. Look at all those Rosaries!?!

The relic holder, unfortunately, doesn't have anything in it. I wanted to buy a nice relic on E-bay, but then I got scruples about it, so I never did. I also intended to put a hook in the ceiling for the red lamp. Of course there is no blessed sacrament. But it would be nice to have a candle burning if you had a 1st-class relic.

Maximilian

See attached photo.

Look at all those Rosaries!?!

Not to brag, but they're all good quality vintage rosaries, mostly bought from E-bay. I don't believe one should use cheap, junky rosaries, especially not plastic.

Carleendiane

See attached photo.

Beautiful space. Look at all those Rosaries!?! How many children do you have?

Obrien, I think this below answers your question

Quote from: Maximilian on March 10, 2017, 07:55:55 PM
See attached photo.

Not to brag, but they're all good quality vintage rosaries, mostly bought from E-bay. I don't believe one should use cheap, junky rosaries, especially not plastic.

NO PLASTIC ROSARIES, NO CHILDREN, YET  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Maximilian on March 10, 2017, 07:55:55 PM
See attached photo.

:beer: Vintage rosaries from eBay, ftw. Though Our Blessed Lady did bring me to a love of the Rosary via a cheap, junky plastic rosary...but if I had my druthers, "cheap" would just mean wood and cord. ;)

C'mon, Maximilian, post pics of your favorite rosaries in the recently-resurrrected "Favorite Rosaries!" thread, so that we (and by "we," I mostly mean I) can drool over them. For science.  :grin:
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

I love the richness and depth of the blue in this one. Absolutely stunning.
My Lord and my God.

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 09, 2017, 05:12:42 PM
I love that picture of the Blessed Mother, Sagradocorazon.  Thank you for identifying it.
Yes, the picture is beautiful. It was actually the cover for a free booklet I unexpectedly received along with something that I ordered. I tore it off the booklet and cut off the title (hence the slightly curved top). Then I framed it. Here are some more Carlo Dolci paintings:

Madonna in Glory

Virgin at prayer

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Thank you for reviving this thread, Sagradocorazon!  It definitely should be revived now and then.

Carlo Dolci - I'm going to try to remember that name now.  What absolutely magnificent and inspiring art!  Googling (e.g. images.google.com) shows a lot more of his work, e.g.

Mary Magdalen

Everyone has such beautiful home altars!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Gardener

Here's our home altar area:

The two paintings are Fra Angelico (The Coronation of Mary; St. Dominic), picture is from the Elevation of the Host at Fr. Brian McDonnell's (FSSP) first Mass.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Carleendiane

Beautiful, Gardiner.

Obrien

Very nice, Gardener!

I hope others join in on this fun!

Serviam

Sorry for being so late to the party.

With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Maximilian

Quote from: Serviam on October 05, 2017, 06:06:32 PM

Love the beautiful crucifix. What kind of relic is that?

Serviam

Quote from: Maximilian on October 05, 2017, 09:50:49 PM
Quote from: Serviam on October 05, 2017, 06:06:32 PM

Love the beautiful crucifix. What kind of relic is that?

Ex Corpore 1st class - Saint Gemma Galgani, whom I absolutely love and has helped me a great deal.
With fear and trembling work out your salvation.