Wtb missal

Started by angelcookie, June 06, 2018, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelcookie

Wtb inexpensive missal. Thx.

Kaesekopf

Daily?  Sunday only?  Latin-english, English only?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

angelcookie

I used to have the Baronius Press 1962 missal which I really liked, but am open to other missals. I used to have a St. Andrews missal too but I go to 1962 TLM or sometimes NO Masses. Is the Angelus or Lasance missal better than the Baronius? Thx

Patriarch

I have a St Bonaventure publications St Joseph's Daily missal (1953 reprint). Did you want it?
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

maryslittlegarden

I like the Angelus press better than the baronius.  Easier to follow for me.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Lynne

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on July 19, 2018, 01:52:13 PM
I like the Angelus press better than the baronius.  Easier to follow for me.

I like it very much too but I've never seen the Baronius one...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Jayne

I have a Baronius and Angelus. I like the Angelus better.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

angelcookie

Quote from: Patriarch on July 18, 2018, 09:07:53 PM
I have a St Bonaventure publications St Joseph's Daily missal (1953 reprint). Did you want it?

I havn't  seen this one how does it differ from the St. Andrew's?

Patriarch

The St Andrew's is more comprehensive and informative; whereas, the St Joseph is simpler and easier to navigate. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Personally, the typeset and font on the St Joseph's is much easier on the eyes and less complicated to navigate in my honest assessment.
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.