The Society of St. Pius X - Uplifting Catholic Info

Started by christulsa, May 03, 2015, 08:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Quote from: christulsa on May 04, 2015, 11:19:06 AM
Archer, i started the list a year ago on FE to share encouraging, positive info about the sspx after months of reading sspx bashing on FE, CI, IA.  ultimately to bring people to Tradition. i started the thread after asking Kaesekopf to post the list.

ive never really edited the list, and it is random in places, but into the list i started posting a lot of references.  i can re-organize it w more references, and relate how i learned the info (ex: "as related to me by a Society priest").  Its not meant as a scholarly list, but if i need verifiable sources, i can take out some points.  most of the factual statements come from books, websites, or priests.  ither statements are my opinion in support of Abl, sspx.

any suggestions for re-formatting?

I apologize if I sounded critical; that was not my intent. Considering our party line, it's very good to see additional SSPX support here.

I think it's a good list if you're using it as a point of interest or discussion starter, as long as you're able to provide more information when queried.  As far as format is concerned, you could consider creating different categories and grouping information in each category.  For example: history, schools, chapels, priests, lay faithful, current events, etc. This is all off the top of my head. I'm not sure of your vision for this project; so how much more work you would want to devote to it is up to you. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Kaesekopf

I have some ideas for OP, but it's not ready for publishing yet.... :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Who was the Filipina First Lady who attended Our Lady of Victory?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

christulsa

Quote from: Bonaventure on May 04, 2015, 11:54:09 AM

Mrs. Estrada.  (Source: my wife, former parishioner at OLV parish, eye witness at her consecration :) )

christulsa

Quote from: Archer on May 04, 2015, 11:35:39 AM
Archer, i started the list a year ago on FE to share encouraging, positive info about the sspx after months of reading sspx bashing on FE, CI, IA.  ultimately to bring people to Tradition. i started the thread after asking Kaesekopf to post the list.

ive never really edited the list, and it is random in places, but into the list i started posting a lot of references.  i can re-organize it w more references, and relate how i learned the info (ex: "as related to me by a Society priest").  Its not meant as a scholarly list, but if i need verifiable sources, i can take out some points.  most of the factual statements come from books, websites, or priests.  ither statements are my opinion in support of Abl, sspx.

I apologize if I sounded critical; that was not my intent. Considering our party line, it's very good to see additional SSPX support here.

I think it's a good list if you're using it as a point of interest or discussion starter, as long as you're able to provide more information when queried.  As far as format is concerned, you could consider creating different categories and grouping information in each category.  For example: history, schools, chapels, priests, lay faithful, current events, etc. This is all off the top of my head. I'm not sure of your vision for this project; so how much more work you would want to devote to it is up to you.

no worries.  Very good idea.  Hmm, yeah i need to consider in which direction to go w the list, how much time i have. 

christulsa

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 04, 2015, 11:36:37 AM
I have some ideas for OP, but it's not ready for publishing yet.... :lol:

That was also a purpose for the thread on FE, for others to share. 

Please everybody feel free to share.  It can be good experiences or perspectives, not just facts.

Bonaventure

Quote from: christulsa on May 04, 2015, 11:59:37 AM

Mrs. Estrada.  (Source: my wife, former parishioner at OLV parish, eye witness at her consecration :) )

Wow. Erap's wife.

Well, you married a Filipina, so I know you're taken care of!
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

christulsa

Quote from: Bonaventure on May 04, 2015, 12:10:27 PM

Wow. Erap's wife.

Well, you married a Filipina, so I know you're taken care of!

Very well taken care of! 

Parresia

Quote from: christulsa on May 04, 2015, 12:02:49 PM
Quote from: Archer on May 04, 2015, 11:35:39 AM

no worries.  Very good idea.  Hmm, yeah i need to consider in which direction to go w the list, how much time i have.

I agree with Archers ideas, but would also suggest another one which is to provide concrete examples of each thing you list.  It would serve trads well to have things they can point to when people say stupid things about the SSPX.  Just a thought. 

Cheers,

christulsa

SSPX-affiliated Convent, Orphanage in India

26. A convent of the Consoling Sisters of the Sacred Heart--religious order founded in Italy in 1961, now affiliated with the Society since 1996, dedicated to the Sacred Heart and Christian formation of girls.  http://fsspx.asia/en/consoling-sisters-sacred-heart-italy

27. A young lady named Swarna founded an orphanage in India, and after her conversion to Catholic Tradition, moved that orphanage to be near an SSPX priory in India.  She completed a noviate period with the Consoling Sisters in Europe, and as a new professed Sister, returned to India in 2008 to found a Consoling Sisters convent which now runs the same orphanage she founded.  http://fsspx.asia/en/consoling-sisters-sacred-heart-india

28.  Since then five Indian women have entered the religious life with the Consoling Sisters. (Links above)

29. 110 volunteers, many from Western countries, have lived and worked at the orphanage/school, which welcomes volunteers from all over the world to spend some time serving orphans.  These orphans are children, elderly, and invalids. (Links above)

30.  Most of the Sisters that have joined Swarna (Sr. Maria Immaculata) in this convent were former orphans she raised!  (Links above)

Favorite Pics of Their Convent Life:

31. Consoling Sisters in India (11th row, 1st column).  http://fsspx.asia/media/photos/consoling-sisters-sacred-heart-india-gallery-2014-15

32. Volunteer (second row, second column):  http://fsspx.asia/media/photos/consoling-sisters-sacred-heart-india-gallery-2014-15

33. Volunteer (fifth row, third column):  http://fsspx.asia/media/photos/consoling-sisters-sacred-heart-india-gallery-2014-15

34.  11th row, 2nd column:  http://fsspx.asia/media/photos/consoling-sisters-sacred-heart-india-gallery-2014-15

35. Swarna (on far left in photo):  http://www.sspxasia.com/Images/Newsletters/2006_JulDec/Swarna_Vongala_with_helpers.jpg

christulsa

SSPX-affiliated Dominican Sisters of Fanjeaux--2015 Pilgrimage to Rome:

36.  EWTN made a very positive video recently featuring a major pilgrimage in 2015 of the SSPX-affiliated Dominican teaching sisters of a convent/Mother House in Fanjeaux, France, taking the girls they teach, and a group totaling 1,300 traditional Catholics to Eternal Rome.  http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2015/03/ewtn-video-on-sspx-related-dominican.html

37..  The event, planned for the last 3 years, was a pubic act of thanksgiving for the 40th anniversary of the founding of their congregation, and for their preservation of Catholic Tradition and the traditional Catholic Mass (link above)

38..  A Vatican bishop commented in the video with very positive words about the SSPX and ongoing SSPX-Vatican relations, saying "Their hearts are in Rome." (video in link above)

39..  The second Sister interviewed showed extraordinary simplicity and cheerfulness in the way she expressed her Catholic faith, and faith in Rome (same video).

40.  Here are photos of the pilgrimage:  http://sspx.org/en/media/photos/fanjeaux-dominicans-rome-pilgrimage-pics-6816

41.  My favorite photo is in the fourth row, third column.   Imagine if Pope Francis looked down on these traditional Catholic children showing their attachment to Rome and Catholic Tradition.  http://sspx.org/en/media/photos/fanjeaux-dominicans-rome-pilgrimage-pics-6816

42..  This Dominican congregation, founded in 1975, now has 200 nuns teaching children in 8 schools, in France, Germany, and 2 in the US (one is in Post Falls, Idaho)  http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/Society_of_Saint_Pius_X/Vocations/Womens-Communities/Chap-8-Dominicans-Teaching-Sisters-of-Fanjeaux-P.htm

43.  The Vatican Ecclesia Dei commission offered to arrange a priest or bishop to offer the Mass of All Times for this pilgrimage (link above).

44.  Imo, this event/video is an excellent way to inform those who may be confused about people who attend the SSPX.  That the SSPX is Roman Catholic, INSIDE the Church.

45.  New traditional Dominican community, affiliated with the SSPX, was recently founded in Belgium.  See photos, info on the Dominican 3rd order, and a talk by Fr. Albert, O.P.  http://sspx.org/en/dominican-third-order.

Lynne

Quote from: christulsa on May 07, 2015, 01:08:57 PM

45.  New traditional Dominican community, affiliated with the SSPX, was recently founded in Belgium.  See photos, info on the Dominican 3rd order, and a talk by Fr. Albert, O.P.  http://sspx.org/en/dominican-third-order.

This is very interesting...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Lynne on May 07, 2015, 01:26:39 PM
Quote from: christulsa on May 07, 2015, 01:08:57 PM

This is very interesting...

Indeed!....

I wonder how one would live out a Third Order OP while being away from the community...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Neopelagianus

Quote from: christulsa on May 03, 2015, 08:42:34 PM
Quote from: Parresia on May 03, 2015, 08:31:28 PM
Thanks for that.  Do you have examples of #'s 7 and 8?

Fr. Ghela, SSPX, Filipino priest, met the bishop of the Cebu diocese in the Philippines sitting next to him on plane.  After talking, the bishop asked Fr. Ghela to teach the TLM to his seminarians in Cebu, which Fr. happily agreed to do. 

There are certain SSPX priests who have faculties from the local bishop.  There are SSPX chapels that receive weekly faxes/memos from the chancery sent out to all the parishes.  A bishop in India gave support for an SSPX orphanage.  Bishop Manat in Thailand has asked Society priests to give retreats and conferences for his priests.  A bishop in France administered confirmation at an SSPX chapel.  Etc.
No wonder that archdiocese produces the most number of priests that in Manila, where Cardinal "People-must-not-looked-into-idealized-past" Tagle leads the Archdiocese in a continous liturgical danse macabre.

Would not say that the Archdiocese of Cebu is perfect though.

N.
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

Neopelagianus

The wife of former President (now Mayor of Manila) Joseph Estrada?

N.
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".