Author Topic: Normandt' Catholic Meditations  (Read 12329 times)

Offline Normandt

• Korporal
    • Forum Catholique Jésus est Seigneur French-English  Books.
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Normandt' Catholic Meditations
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2021, 07:00:59 AM »
301. God’s help

Elijah is a man of faith. He listens to God and prophesies in his name. After announcing a drought to the people of Gallad, Elijah hears out the Lord:
“So he left and did as the Lord had commanded. He went and remained by the Wadi Cherith, east of the Jordan.” 1 Kings, chapter 17, verse 5

Despite the drought, Elijah does not lack food or water as it is written:
“Ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the stream.” 1 Kings, chapter 17, verse 6

If Elijah knew the next passage, he would surely have recited it, since he has so much faith in God:
“I raise my eyes toward the mountains. From where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. God will not allow your foot to slip; your guardian does not sleep. Truly, the guardian of Israel never slumbers nor sleeps. The Lord is your guardian; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. By day the sun cannot harm you, nor the moon by night.” Psalm 121, verses 1 to 6

The only way to be so deeply rooted in God, as Elijah is living it now, is to adjust our life to his freely given Love. Elijah listened to God.

Jesus gives us other ways, with the Beatitudes, to abide in His Love:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit,” “the meek,” “they who mourn,” “they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,” “the merciful,” “the clean of heart,” “the peacemakers,” “the persecuted for righteousness” (See Matthew, chapter 5, verses 1-12).

Jesus adds to our good will:
“Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.” Matthew, chapter 5, verse 12

Let’s enter the promised Bliss of God’s Love and let ourselves be guided to his Heart. Our “reward is great” right now, with Jesus.

Book: … for Love
Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Korporal
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2021, 04:19:32 PM »
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Offline Normandt

• Korporal
« Reply #407 on: Today at 12:47:51 PM »

302. We did some wrong

Let’s return briefly to what distances us from God and from ourselves.
Who among us could say that they do not have these defects, before God? We have a good reflection here:
“We have sinned, been wicked and done evil; we have rebelled and departed from your commandments and your laws.” Daniel, chapter 9, verse 5

Sometimes we miss the opportunity to truly be children of God.
Confession of Daniel’s journey:
“Ah! Lord, great and awesome God, you who keep your merciful covenant toward those who love you and observe your commandments.” Daniel, chapter 9, verse 4

God Loves us even when we are at fault. He waits for our return every time with open arms. He Loves us beyond everything. It is our faults that keep us away from him. We simply stay away.

It’s up to us to check if we love each other and if we want to walk forward in God’s Love. Many people do not like this reality that God Loves every person, whatever sin they did. Why? Because God cannot be any other than Love!

Book: … for Love
Normand Thomas
___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.