What's for dinner?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and peas

MundaCorMeum

No idea....it's after 6 pm, and I still need to go grocery shopping :/

Bernadette

Japanese cold ramen. With all sorts of cold toppings chopped up and put on top of the noodles. Ham, cabbage, green onions, steamed broccoli, special scrambled egg with a sweet soy sauce glaze, and pickled red ginger. I could eat this meal for a week straight and still want more.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

"Hawaiian" type chicken from the crock pot.  Chicken breasts, BBQ sauce, and pineapple, served over rice.  Delish.  This is the first time I've made it, definitely doing it again   
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Lynne

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on June 04, 2016, 06:38:10 PM
"Hawaiian" type chicken from the crock pot.  Chicken breasts, BBQ sauce, and pineapple, served over rice.  Delish.  This is the first time I've made it, definitely doing it again   

Yum!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm making red beans and rice with cornbread.

abc123

Greek chicken and potatoes cooked in a cast iron dutch oven. Twas delicious.

MundaCorMeum

We had gumbo with potato salad. Gumbo was from the freezer, so even better!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: abc123 on June 06, 2016, 05:08:07 PM

One of our favorite family meals....It's a crowd pleaser over here. Potatoes cooked in a cast iron are the best!

abc123

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 06, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

One of our favorite family meals....It's a crowd pleaser over here. Potatoes cooked in a cast iron are the best!

The epitome of comfort food!

Lynne

Last night I made Thai Masaman curry, using this curry paste, http://www.amazon.com/Maesri-Thai-Masaman-Curry-Pack/dp/B005MG79WY?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&redirect=true&ref_=s9_wsim_gw_g325_i1_r

It's so easy, idiot-proof really, half a can of the paste, a can of coconut milk, some meat, veggies and there you go! Easy peasy.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Elizabeth

Do you throw it all in together? 

Fleur-de-Lys

That does sound good. May I ask how you make it exactly?

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on June 07, 2016, 12:42:21 PM

That does sound good. May I ask how you make it exactly?

Sure! It sounds like abc123 makes his all in one pot (unless I read that wrong); but I do mine seperaely. We prefer chicken thighs, so I take a family pack of those (skin on, bone in), and season with cajun seasoning, olive oil, oregano, garlic, and lemon juice. Layer in a 9 x 13 glass dish, and bake covered at 385° (my oven runs low, so you might need to adjust for your oven) for about 30-45 minutes, or until chicken is just about cooked. I cook an additional 15 minutes, uncovered, to crisp the skin, and make sure chicken is fully cooked. For the potatoes, I cut them into bite sized chunks, season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet, toss the potatoes in, and stir around a bit. Let them brown well on one side, then stir again to brown the other side. Then, I cover the skillet and let them steam cook until tender. We usually serve with a green salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, purple onions, feta, and greek vinegrette. My family likes the meal with pita breads, too, but some may find that too carb heavy.  We will also do chicken pitas with salad, rice pilaf, and a sour cream dill sauce on the side. The pan of chicken makes a tasty gravy, too.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Elizabeth on June 07, 2016, 12:37:15 PM
Do you throw it all in together?

Yes.  Next time I'll drain the pineapple and maybe add a little more BBQ sauce, though.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace