Paypal dispute

Started by Bernadette, April 11, 2024, 05:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

It looks like I'm going to have to file a dispute. It was a doll that I bought from an acquaintance who owns a doll business. It came with undisclosed damage. The seller had to have known it was there, because of the placement. Thankfully I paid goods and services. People can be so disappointing.
My Lord and my God.

Bonaventure

It happens everywhere and anywhere. Groceries, deliveries, etc.

Another reason why I only use Credit.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bernadette

At first the seller wouldn't accept the return. That magically changed immediately when I filed the dispute.
My Lord and my God.

Melkor

pffft I once transferred someone 260 (CAD) for a Spyderco Manix 2 in rex 45 steel. (Have bought and sold a few knives online this way no issue). Well, this guy scammed me and despite seeming like a knife aficionado and decent member of the knife community, did not send me a knife. So at least you got your product lol.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

drummerboy

I was on the opposite end once.  I sold a Fontanini village piece for a bargain, and the buyer emailed me saying it was damaged (a small table leg was broken and glued).  I responded - truthfully - that I fully disclosed the damage in the description, and that was why I sold it to him at the price I did.  Then he realized he didn't read the description, kept the item, and even left a good review!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

This seller first tried to say that there was no damage, despite me having sent pictures of the damage. Then, when I sent even MORE pictures of the damage, she said: "If there is a small hole there, mend it." The "small hole" extended all the way across the back of the doll. She knew it was there. Now I'm worried that she'll say the doll was damaged during shipping (I packed it extremely well), or wasn't received in the same condition it was sent. I wouldn't put anything past her. It's a real shame, as I've been talking with this woman off and on for 4 months. I thought I could trust her. She wanted me to pay friends and family, but that wasn't an option as it was sent to her business paypal address. Thank goodness, because I totally would have done it, and been left without any options.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Quote from: Melkor on April 13, 2024, 09:25:57 PMpffft I once transferred someone 260 (CAD) for a Spyderco Manix 2 in rex 45 steel. (Have bought and sold a few knives online this way no issue). Well, this guy scammed me and despite seeming like a knife aficionado and decent member of the knife community, did not send me a knife. So at least you got your product lol.
That's terrible. I hope you got your money back.
My Lord and my God.

queen.saints

PayPal is the absolute best if there is ever any problem. Way better than banks.

I have always gotten my money back within 24 hours. I don't know what they say to the seller, but even the really rude and uncooperative ones always instantly comply once PayPal contacts them.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Bernadette

I've only had to file a dispute once before, and that was for an item not received. This is the first time I've had to deal with a dishonest seller and a damaged item.
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Quote from: Bernadette on April 15, 2024, 07:41:21 AMThis seller first tried to say that there was no damage, despite me having sent pictures of the damage. Then, when I sent even MORE pictures of the damage, she said: "If there is a small hole there, mend it." The "small hole" extended all the way across the back of the doll. She knew it was there. Now I'm worried that she'll say the doll was damaged during shipping (I packed it extremely well), or wasn't received in the same condition it was sent. I wouldn't put anything past her. It's a real shame, as I've been talking with this woman off and on for 4 months. I thought I could trust her. She wanted me to pay friends and family, but that wasn't an option as it was sent to her business paypal address. Thank goodness, because I totally would have done it, and been left without any options.

Yeah, never ever pay for goods with PayPal FF, only GS. If they complain about the fees, there are online calculators so you can cover it (usually not much in the grand scheme of things).

For example, using this calculator (https://www.salecalc.com/paypal?p=200&l=us&r=0&e=0&f=0&m=2&c=0), we see that in order for a seller to receive $200 after fees they need to receive $207.74.

I'd rather throw away $7.74 than $200.

If I had a seller ask for FF and I offer to pay their fees and they balk, I'd consider that a giant red flag.

Fwiw, PayPal usually sides with the buyer and especially if you have evidence of the issues and attempt to resolve with the seller.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bernadette

I've escalated the dispute to PayPal. The seller submitted a long diatribe full of incorrect information. I'm out of patience.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Case decided in my favor.
My Lord and my God.